Give Youth a Chance!

kp789

A recurring theme I am starting to see after games like today is no reaction at all from many of the senior players. Usually after a bad performance, you would be shit hot in your next game, trying to impress and make amends, but so many of the players look lazy and comfortable. They seem assured that their place is secure in the team. I think this is totally wrong and is causing too many issues. Pellegrini speaks about a crisis of confidence, but I am starting to think that some players are overconfident and complacent more than anything.

With the new academy and training facilities being built, you would think we would want to start showcasing some talent, giving the younger lads a chance, give them the opportunity to shine and put pressure on some of the lazy players that are currently in this strange stupor.
I would prefer to see a raw and hungry Pozo given a crack in games like today, rather than a uninterested, Dzeko. Stick him up front ahead of the likes of Dzeko and it gives both players and the rest of the team something to think about.
Pozo can be shown trust, which as a young player is invaluable, he will have an opportunity to put in some performances at the top level.
Dzeko can be shown that he is not untouchable and has to be on his game every game, otherwise the likes of Pozo can be given a chance, may give them a new hunger and fight, or just backfire and throw them into a strop.
The rest of the side can be shown that they are not untouchable. We should be giving players such as Pozo or Fofano or Even Barker a chance in these games that matter, not just a 3rd round subs appearance in the capital one cup.

Lets instill some fight, some passion and give the team a new hunger. At the end of the day, we can also bring through some fresh impotus into what some see as an 'ageing squad'. At the very least, we as the fans can show our support for the young talents in our side.

kp789 said:
A recurring theme I am starting to see after games like today is no reaction at all from many of the senior players. Usually after a bad performance, you would be shit hot in your next game, trying to impress and make amends, but so many of the players look lazy and comfortable. They seem assured that their place is secure in the team. I think this is totally wrong and is causing too many issues. Pellegrini speaks about a crisis of confidence, but I am starting to think that some players are overconfident and complacent more than anything.

With the new academy and training facilities being built, you would think we would want to start showcasing some talent, giving the younger lads a chance, give them the opportunity to shine and put pressure on some of the lazy players that are currently in this strange stupor.
I would prefer to see a raw and hungry Pozo given a crack in games like today, rather than a uninterested, Dzeko. Stick him up front ahead of the likes of Dzeko and it gives both players and the rest of the team something to think about.
Pozo can be shown trust, which as a young player is invaluable, he will have an opportunity to put in some performances at the top level.
Dzeko can be shown that he is not untouchable and has to be on his game every game, otherwise the likes of Pozo can be given a chance, may give them a new hunger and fight, or just backfire and throw them into a strop.
The rest of the side can be shown that they are not untouchable. We should be giving players such as Pozo or Fofano or Even Barker a chance in these games that matter, not just a 3rd round subs appearance in the capital one cup.

Lets instill some fight, some passion and give the team a new hunger. At the end of the day, we can also bring through some fresh impotus into what some see as an 'ageing squad'. At the very least, we as the fans can show our support for the young talents in our side.

One of the greatest pieces of bullsh*t in football is the cry to give youth a chance. Why? If they are good enough fair enough. In that case name the players. Who are these mysterious youngsters? Asking to play someone just because they are young is crazy. Play the best 11 and if one of them is 17 then great but don't play someone just because they are 17!

When your best 11 aren't performing you need to look for alternatives, hence "give youth a try.

If we keep this for much longer up we can at least bring in some kids without the pressures of a title race.

I'd love to see it, even the odd appearance off the bench. Gives everyone a bit of a lift and should inspire the rest of the kids in the academy.

Palerider said:
kp789 said:

One of the greatest pieces of bullsh*t in football is the cry to give youth a chance. Why? If they are good enough fair enough. In that case name the players. Who are these mysterious youngsters? Asking to play someone just because they are young is crazy. Play the best 11 and if one of them is 17 then great but don't play someone just because they are 17!
I think we have players in the set up who are good enough. I worry that we are picking on reputation and hope currently, hoping that they will come good again. A bit like England have done for the past 5 years.

kp789 said:
Palerider said:
kp789 said:

I think we have players in the set up who are good enough. I worry that we are picking on reputation and hope currently, hoping that they will come good again. A bit like England have done for the past 5 years.
They would get bullied by the physicality of Premier League. Even Mangala is having hard times with that. So you think that step up from EDS is nothing?

MeatHunterrr said:
kp789 said:
Palerider said:
They would get bullied by the physicality of Premier League. Even Mangala is having hard times with that. So you think that step up from EDS is nothing?
I never said that it was 'nothing'. There a few lads who would put a good turn in, especially in comparison to one or two of the first team at the moment. The attitude of negativity and 'oh they arent good enough' is crap. Unless they are tested, no one can say that for certain. By giving them trust and responsibility, they have a chance to develop further. If they are bashing everyone in the EDS, they will go stale and learn very little. They key to developing young players is constantly testing and challenging them. Being a big fish in a small pond as a youth player is dangerous if they are left for too long.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.