Given. Is it me or ...

Robinho's Subbuteo

Team supported
Manchester City
... has the guy not made a save of note for absolutely ages? I may be suffering from severe forgetfulness but it honestly seems to have been a very long since I last complimented Given on a great save. Someone told me last night that in 60 or so games for City he's only kept 17 clean sheets - that isn't something you'd boast about as a keeper is it?

Is he suffering from a lack of confidence? If so, that's all we need in the run in.

If you have a look at our last few games, maybe the goals we have conceded are ones any keeper wouldnt save, the only GENUINE mistake I can remember Shay making since he's come here was for the goal we conceded away at Stoke in the league.

and the stat about the cleans sheets may be more of a reflection on our back 4, not the keeper... he cant do everything.

the goats backside said:
Yes he is suffering a lack of confidence........ Captain Toure is back

I cant believe how bad Toure is I really cant, We will miss Lescott BIG TIME, Lescott and Kompany were building up a good partnership together at Centre Back, I dont like to moan about our players but Toure is like a headless chicken!

With regard to clean sheets,if you look on the Barclays stats we are down in 11th place (behind Brum and stoke and 9 others)

poor form from Given at the moment. Last season he would have saved Everton's second goal.

But still quality and the best keeper we have by far.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.