Given on the mend.

C_T_I_D

article-0-094FBFA8000005DC-986_468x358.jpg

It looks like he has received treatment for his injury. I cannot even begin to contemplate how he must be feeling given how monumental these next three games could be in the clubs history and what we achieve as a result of the final position.

In his shoes I would be absolutely gutted and feel like I let my team-mates down at a crucial time but these sort of injuries happen and are not the fault of anyone. I'm sure I speak for all City fans in sending him our best wishes and wishing him a full and speedy recovery.

C_T_I_D said:
article-0-094FBFA8000005DC-986_468x358.jpg

It looks like he has received treatment for his injury. I cannot even begin to contemplate how he must be feeling given how monumental these next three games could be in the clubs history and what we achieve as a result of the final position.

In his shoes I would be absolutely gutted and feel like I let my team-mates down at a crucial time but these sort of injuries happen and are not the fault of anyone. I'm sure I speak for all City fans in sending him our best wishes and wishing him a full and speedy recovery.

Great keeper who must be very worried about this injury meaning he misses the start of next season as im sure we will sign another keeper now regardless of what Joe does next year.

Could be very difficult for him to get back in.

All the best Shay. We owe this fella lots. He is a big part of where we are right now. God knows how many points he has saved us this term.

Rodney Marsh's Hair said:
Hope he's fit and well for next season as he's played a massive role for us this season.

I feel the roles might be reversed for Shay next year, with Joe No1.

Me too<br /><br />-- Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:36 pm --<br /><br />I can only think of us maybe Chelsea (Can't believe Cudicini stayed so long) & England who have had 2 such great keepers at once.

jason_donaldson said:
Rodney Marsh's Hair said:
Hope he's fit and well for next season as he's played a massive role for us this season.

I feel the roles might be reversed for Shay next year, with Joe No1.

Me too

-- Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:36 pm --

I can only think of us maybe Chelsea (Can't believe Cudicini stayed so long) & England who have had 2 such great keepers at once.

Hope Shay recovers quickly!

Spain at the moment (Casillas, Reina and Valdes) and Italy in the early 2000s (Toldo and Buffon).

Best of luck Shay for a speedy recovery and my irish uncle says that a few pints of draught guinness can help a lot in the healing process!!!!!!!????.

I was reading the paper this morning and it made it a good point, the last time he was injured, it wasn't just getting over the injury, it was very much so psychological thing. He's a good lad and has a really strong mental character. A few worries that he'd retire from the Irish scene, which would mean we're fucked, but Trap doesnt' seem to have the same worries, he's a strong lad, he bounced back from the last injury, which was psychologically worse, and came back stronger than before and many said he wouldn't be able to take the jersey back off Harper but he did, and Harper is by no means a poor keeper at all. He bounced back from that, and I'm sure he'll bounce back from this, it only took him 2 months to come back the last time, which was surprising, and while it might take him a bit longer I've no doubt he'll bounce back again. He's a strong lad, and he'll be back.

Right now he feels crapy, but if the lads do it for him, which I think they'll want to because he's a massively popular character in the dressing room, he'll get over the feeling that he's letting them down, and in the long run, he'll see he's the entire of the off season to get back ready and for next season and put in a big fight.

He bounced back this time and he'll do it again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.