given to fulham

Discussion in 'Transfer forum' started by cityboy1, 29 Aug 2010.

1. cityboy1

cityboy1

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1307132/Shay-Given-leave-Manchester-City-Fulham.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... ulham.html</a>

2. Jimma

Jimma

nice use of the word "hell" ?? haha

3. 1.618034

"Hell"? Oh please. I don't call being paid £90kish per week "hell". A little perspective needed...

But it is The Daily Mail, so perspective's not to be expected I suppose...

We'll see.

ADVERTISEMENT

4. FantasyIreland

FantasyIreland

The 'hell' comment and the Stockdale call up provide me with equal amusement.

As with any player,regardless of reputation,if they don't want to stay and fight,and be a part of our succesful future,then its See ya later....

5. pee dubya

pee dubya

I don't think Schwarzer is much better than Alumnia anyway, Wenger is being properly stingy not going after a better keeper than him.

6. I hope the club has enough nous not to help ARSEnal out.

7. gerrygowsjockstrap

gerrygowsjockstrap

If we don't have 2 quality keepers. We are going to struggle if Hart gets injured. Look at the end of last season. The only other keepers we have are freebies. No one else wanted them. Mancini cannot want Givens to stay. He would have given him a run out in the cup. Well lets hope he knows what he is doing this season with keepers.

8. vamps

vamps

Why doesn't Arse go after a better keeper than Schwarzer, obviously they shouldn't let Given leave but he'd be a way better target for Arsenal.

9. alera

alera

Cant really accept this deal if it happens. Means Arsenal get a decent keeper they badly need on the cheap, pretty much paid for by city.

We are in affect giving them a cheap decent keeper via proxy.

The fact its likely to be a loan makes it even worse.

Unacceptable, people wonder why players like Bellamy, Given end up getting so much stick. Why should be subsidise our major competitors in the league ?

10. DaveH

DaveH

Totaly agree we cant let him go to fulham them let Arsenal get their keeper makes no sense.
    If anything let given out on loan with a recall clause