given to fulham

cityboy1

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1307132/Shay-Given-leave-Manchester-City-Fulham.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... ulham.html</a>

Shay Given set to end his Manchester City hell by joining up with Mark Hughes again at Fulham
By Joe Bernstein
Last updated at 11:25 PM on 28th August 2010
Comments (0) Add to My Stories .
Frustrated: Shay Given has spent the opening weeks of the season on the bench
Shay Given will end his Manchester City frustration by joining up with former manager Mark Hughes at Fulham, which will allow their No 1 Mark Schwarzer to sign for Arsenal.
City are reluctantly prepared to let the Republic of Ireland goalkeeper leave before deadline day on Tuesday even though they have made it clear they would like him to stay and provide competition for Joe Hart.
Given, disappointed to lose the jersey to Hart, has made it clear he wants regular first-team football.
Hughes said after Fulham’s 2-2 draw against Blackpool: ‘Mark Schwarzer has made it clear that he would like to go to Arsenal so we are trying to look at other options. I’m
always interested in quality players and Shay Given is a quality player. Make of that what you will.
‘But I have said that if we can’t get anyone else in, Schwarzer will have to stay.’
Given’s arrival at Craven Cottage will also delight Wenger, who regards Schwarzer as a solution to his long standing goalkeeping problem.
Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini does not want to keep unhappy players at the club and has already let Craig Bellamy, Stephen Ireland and Nedum Onuoha leave. City will also listen to authentic offers for Roque Santa Cruz and Robinho.

First choice: Joe Hart seems to be above Shay Given in the pecking order
Emmanuel Adebayor will also go if a club match the £25million which City spent to bring him from Arsenal.
If all the departures happen, Mancini will struggle to find enough senior players to fill his 25-man squad for the Premier League and there could be reprisals for outcasts Jo and Felipe Caceido.
City play Sunderland on Sunday but £24m striker Mario Balotelli is unlikely to have recovered from a knee injury in time to make his Premier League debut.
David Stockdale, who played in goal for Fulham at Blackpool, is set to be called into the England squad by Fabio Capello.

nice use of the word "hell" ?? haha

Shay Given set to end his Manchester City hell by joining up with Mark Hughes again at Fulham

By Joe Bernstein

Shay Given will end his Manchester City frustration by joining up with former manager Mark Hughes at Fulham, which will allow their No 1 Mark Schwarzer to sign for Arsenal.

City are reluctantly prepared to let the Republic of Ireland goalkeeper leave before deadline day on Tuesday even though they have made it clear they would like him to stay and provide competition for Joe Hart.

Hughes said after Fulham’s 2-2 draw against Blackpool: ‘Mark Schwarzer has made it clear that he would like to go to Arsenal so we are trying to look at other options. I’m
always interested in quality players and Shay Given is a quality player. Make of that what you will.

‘But I have said that if we can’t get anyone else in, Schwarzer will have to stay.’

Given’s arrival at Craven Cottage will also delight Wenger, who regards Schwarzer as a solution to his long standing goalkeeping problem.

Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini does not want to keep unhappy players at the club and has already let Craig Bellamy, Stephen Ireland and Nedum Onuoha leave. City will also listen to authentic offers for Roque Santa Cruz and Robinho.

Emmanuel Adebayor will also go if a club match the £25million which City spent to bring him from Arsenal.

If all the departures happen, Mancini will struggle to find enough senior players to fill his 25-man squad for the Premier League and there could be reprisals for outcasts Jo and Felipe Caceido.

City play Sunderland on Sunday but £24m striker Mario Balotelli is unlikely to have recovered from a knee injury in time to make his Premier League debut.

David Stockdale, who played in goal for Fulham at Blackpool, is set to be called into the England squad by Fabio Capello.

"Hell"? Oh please. I don't call being paid £90kish per week "hell". A little perspective needed...

But it is The Daily Mail, so perspective's not to be expected I suppose...

We'll see.

The 'hell' comment and the Stockdale call up provide me with equal amusement.

As with any player,regardless of reputation,if they don't want to stay and fight,and be a part of our succesful future,then its See ya later....

I don't think Schwarzer is much better than Alumnia anyway, Wenger is being properly stingy not going after a better keeper than him.

If we don't have 2 quality keepers. We are going to struggle if Hart gets injured. Look at the end of last season. The only other keepers we have are freebies. No one else wanted them. Mancini cannot want Givens to stay. He would have given him a run out in the cup. Well lets hope he knows what he is doing this season with keepers.

Why doesn't Arse go after a better keeper than Schwarzer, obviously they shouldn't let Given leave but he'd be a way better target for Arsenal.

Cant really accept this deal if it happens. Means Arsenal get a decent keeper they badly need on the cheap, pretty much paid for by city.

We are in affect giving them a cheap decent keeper via proxy.

The fact its likely to be a loan makes it even worse.

Unacceptable, people wonder why players like Bellamy, Given end up getting so much stick. Why should be subsidise our major competitors in the league ?

alera said:
Cant really accept this deal if it happens. Means Arsenal get a decent keeper they badly need on the cheap, pretty much paid for by city.

We are in affect giving them a cheap decent keeper via proxy.

The fact its likely to be a loan makes it even worse.

Totaly agree we cant let him go to fulham them let Arsenal get their keeper makes no sense.
If anything let given out on loan with a recall clause

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.