Given to Villa?

trumpton

Skybet closed the book on Given going to Villa

News: Just heard from Sky Bet that they've closed the market on Shay Given moving to Aston Villa. We'll bring you more updates as we get them as this story develops. You can follow me on Twitter - @skysportswebed - for more transfer news.

trumpton said:
Skybet closed the book on Given going to Villa

News: Just heard from Sky Bet that they've closed the market on Shay Given moving to Aston Villa. We'll bring you more updates as we get them as this story develops. You can follow me on Twitter - @skysportswebed - for more transfer news.

Wouldn't mind betting SWP will go there too.

Swap deal Given, SWP and Bridge for Albrighton! Would help with are homegrown quota and he's a promssing winger that's for sure. 3 for 1 and net wage reduction for circa £200,000 a week. That's £10mill a year of the wage bill!

They do need a left back winger and GK

Hope not. Given would need replacing, and it will be very hard to ring in a keeper of such quality. But Given deserves regular football. One of those players who gets universal respect from every football fan, and has so much left to offer. I think we should have given him more games last season even though Hart justified being No. 1

I don't have a problem with this BUT the club have told given and Milner they are not leaving by all accounts.

He is too good to not be playing and 90k a week wages for a reserve keeper is daft.

Mad 4 It said:
Swap deal Given, SWP and Bridge for Albrighton! Would help with are homegrown quota and he's a promssing winger that's for sure. 3 for 1 and net wage reduction for circa £200,000 a week. That's £10mill a year of the wage bill!

How is getting rid of three HG players and only getting one back a better deal for HG status than only giving one away for zero?

Mad 4 It said:

I think you have answered your own question there

I hate this idea that Given "deserves" to play regular football. He is a professional player. He is in it for the money. He is living a good life and if he is unhappy he can buy his way out of his contract, get a job (if he can't already afford to never work again) and join an amateur team where he can play for the fun of it. Or join the company 5 a side twice a week for his new company. Or go down the park with his kids and knock a few balls about.

They guy signed a contract. He is no pity and I'll be disgusted with the club if they let him go for a major loss (and need to find replacement for gazillions).

If folk want to pity folk in football, pity the kids who are let go 'cos they can't make it or those with no clubs this window.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.