Giving EDS players first team football.

We should look at German football for examples too, teams like BVB put any PL club to shame... they have Ousmane Dembélé(20), Christian Mate Pulisic(18), Emre Mor(19) all regarded as future stars in world football(I expect big moves for all of them personally) getting regular game time at a very high level. I'm not sure which players came through the academy or not but I'm not sure that even matters if they weren't proven before getting to BVB.

Last edited:
If we have a few that are good enough we should have At least one on the bench per game. There's a good chance next season we'll turn a few teams over. Couple of early goals and get them on see how they handle it.

There was a plan suggested by wankery talking heads such as Wio, Danny Mills, Wiklinson etc & I was dead against it at the time (still believing Pellegrini was a wise old head who was part of the 'project' & would bring through young players lol), but now I believe their plan, which involved restricting squads & in effect forcing PL teams to use academy players, was better than the current, no incentive, system.

The excuse by the way, that Rashford only got his chance due to injuries, is blue tinted bollocks btw. Rashford was mentioned in the MUEN, by Utd's academy people, ages beforehand as being 'ready' for a debut & the sucessor to James Wilson, who also got his chance, just as Macheda & all the rest did.

They put us to shame in that area & unless we change in the next few seasons, they will end up with all the best kids & our advantage, that we spent years & millions building, will be gone.

Their PR machine is starting to roll in that area (see the Nevilles, Scholes etc on tv) & soon we will become known as a 'graveyard' for talent, unless we change.

With a 200 million pound academy there are no excuses for not having more academy players in the squad.

League Cup and FA Cup games the prefect chance to play them.Plus,would enter the FL Checkatrade Trophy to get the lads playing mens football.Think you can put a couple of over age players in.....resign Morrison to keep a check on them!

Good to see that Pep has Tosin on the bench for tomorrow....let's hope that the lad gets some game time

Personally I'd like it if you had to have an academy player on the pitch at all times. You could allow extra subs on the bench and have 3 regular substitutions and an extra one for an academy player. Though the cynic in me thinks the premier league would be more interested in protecting it's brand by having as many "stars" as possible on view

We should look at German football for examples too, teams like BVB put any PL club to shame... they have Ousmane Dembélé(20), Christian Mate Pulisic(18), Emre Mor(19) all regarded as future stars in world football(I expect big moves for all of them personally) getting regular game time at a very high level. I'm not sure which players came through the academy or not but I'm not sure that even matters if they weren't proven before getting to BVB.

and they managed to finish 3rd in a 2 team league.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.