Glass half full or half empty?

Blue2112

I keep reading we've been on a good run of form, well lets look at the facts from the last half a dozen Premiership games and the solitary FA Cup appearance inbetween.

We've lost 2 to West brom and Stoke...
We've drew 1 to Blackburn...
We've won 3 against Hull, Wigan and Newcastle...
We lost to Forest in the Cup...

10pts from 18 and dumped unceremoniously out of the Cup at home to a side a league lower.

Now 10pts from 18 might be a decent return but all these teams are below us or on a par at least and individually overall the preformances barring one full game and the odd 30/45 mins in others we've been errctic to say the least.

WBA was abysmal.
Hull we we're excellent.
Blackburn we we're poor for 88mins.
Wigan we battled and deserved some luck when Zaki missed an open net from six yards.
Newcastle we were excellent for 45mins, failed to take advantage and then could have threw the victory away in the end.
Stoke we had all the possession but lacked creativity and the know how to break them down, with the players on show I consider that to be a poor return against a team without a win in the previous 9 games.
Forest was as low as I can remember for many a year.

So although we've picked up points, and I'm trying to be positive, our form is way too erractic for us to be able to maintain any real challenge on a UEFA place this season and ultimately that must be viewed as a poor season overall. If we didn't have the new owners finances I shudder to think what our season would have been like and if the Kevin Davies rumour is only 1% truth I'll be fucking going out of my mind.

For the record I spoke to one of our players after todays game, he thought we were shit and we wouldnt have scored if we'd have been there for another six hours and I'm passing on the niceties of our discussion and not his more private thoughts (and no don't pm me for them). So for all of you who berate those of us with the view that we're being served up inferior, average, unpredictable, inconsistent football then think on because after todays game not only did one of our players agree but more strangely two women I know who know fuck all about football said to me, well thats City for you they've always been like that and they'll never change.

Is your glass half full or half empty, mines just about ready to be topped up before the bottle runs dry.

New manager, new players, and most of the team that started the season knowing they were going to get binned.

Creates problems - but these are largely behind us.

We've got to get organised, and rely on our flair players to win us games. It will happen, but it takes time

i think it's a mistake to keep using the 'same old city' routine, no point in talking ourselves down anymore.

today the three people we routinely look to for a flash of magic didn't provide it. that's about the three players themselves, not us as a club. they are not superhuman ultra-consistent magicians, they werent before they joined the club, it's just who they are, very good players who occasionally disappoint. the major problem was that with petrov, boj and sturridge out, we had no-one to come in for them. and having no target man was a major handicap tactically.

To be honest, I'm gutted.

My glass is slowly becoming half full...

I think we're heading in the right direction to be honest but it is going very, very slowly.

We were poor today but we've been much worse.

As for the players comments, that's fair enough, but isnt this the same player who has been Hughes biggest fan in the press etc? Be interesting to know where he thinks we are going wrong, although theres always the possibility that his comments in the press are actually bullshit and/or made up!

I'm trying not to be too cynical and in all honest I wrote this season off a long time ago.

My glass has a few holes in it, and empties as soon as I fill it up.

But I've got plenty of refills left in the fridge.

moomba said:
My glass has a few holes in it, and empties as soon as I fill it up.

But I've got plenty of refills left in the fridge.

Couldn't have put it better...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.