Glastonbury 2022 (Billie Eilish, Paul McCartney, Kendrick Lamar headlining)

I have just watched a video of Jimi Hendrix, 'Live in Maui' (1970) there's Jimi, another guitarist and a drummer. Thats it. The stage looks like it's been built out of wooden pallets and he has a pair of boxers over the microphone.
Compare and contrast. I know where I would rather be (that said, I agree the side stages at Glastonbury are better than the main farce)

Yet most attending will be in cars. The hippies all drive dirty old campa Van's lol. Will have BBQ's etc.

The amount of dirty old campa Van's in the west country is amazing ! Yet there are all the new wave hippie types. Doesnt make sence

Having watched mccartney on TV, and following this thread and twitter, I too felt let down by the sound, lack of atmosphere, setlist etc. Then I see every review is 5 stars and that those who attended in person thought it was awesome. My opinion then, is that McCartney probably was awesome and that the BBC coverage failed in terms of its sound quality (the fucking mic balance was awful for him and Noel) and in getting over the in person atmosphere to the people at home on the box through piss poor editing.

I have to say, despite all the digs, the last hour of that 2 and 3/4 hr set was pretty special. Factoring in his age, amazing stuff really from one of they key members of the greatest band ever.
cheers. Fair reviews in here are hard to find with all these haters who spend their time watching it :S

Watching the McCartney comments on here last night was like following a match thread on here where we're 2 nil up and everyone's still moaning!

Having watched mccartney on TV, and following this thread and twitter, I too felt let down by the sound, lack of atmosphere, setlist etc. Then I see every review is 5 stars and that those who attended in person thought it was awesome. My opinion then, is that McCartney probably was awesome and that the BBC coverage failed in terms of its sound quality (the fucking mic balance was awful for him and Noel) and in getting over the in person atmosphere to the people at home on the box through piss poor editing.
Spot on, I had never really listened to Billie Ilish an d I think she was good but the sound mixing.. on the telly at least did her no favours whatsoever.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.