Glastonbury 2022 (Billie Eilish, Paul McCartney, Kendrick Lamar headlining)

Pet Shop Boys "back in the day" were never anyone's favourite band but they had hit after hit, and nearly everyone had at least one song they liked.
My favourite was always "West End Girls" but "Always on my Mind" was great too.
Even now, hearing one of their tracks, reminds me of walking into a nightclub and feeling like life's problems were left at the door ;-)
Musical nostalgia is really potent.
Loads of 80’s pop songs transport me back to my young years (yeah, pubs when under 18 too).
An amazing form of mental time travel & the PSBs do that too.

Try & steer clear too often though otherwise yuu end up wedded to your past & that’s never a good thing.

Musical nostalgia is really potent.
Loads of 80’s pop songs transport me back to my young years (yeah, pubs when under 18 too).
An amazing form of mental time travel & the PSBs do that too.

Try & steer clear too often though otherwise yuu end up wedded to your past & that’s never a good thing.
I agree. I know a lot of people denigrate the 80s, but bloody hell it was a great time to be a youngster.
The late 70s music was fantastic, particularly the political activism, and then the 80s. Just a wonderful time (for me, anyway).

He’s not going to say Liverpool with McCartney headlining is he, he’s a social climber since he left Oasis and there’s probably an after party but there again why would he have it in for England either we buy his records

Pet Shop Boys "back in the day" were never anyone's favourite band but they had hit after hit, and nearly everyone had at least one song they liked.
My favourite was always "West End Girls" but "Always on my Mind" was great too.
Even now, hearing one of their tracks, reminds me of walking into a nightclub and feeling like life's problems were left at the door ;-)

I agree. I know a lot of people denigrate the 80s, but bloody hell it was a great time to be a youngster.
The late 70s music was fantastic, particularly the political activism, and then the 80s. Just a wonderful time (for me, anyway).
I personally had a disaster in the 80’s but the Music and Culture was brilliant and it’s the latter I will hold onto for the rest of my Life

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.