Glenn Hoddle

41 here. I’ve been invited for what basically is a human MOT. Purposely ignoring it in case they find anything sinister. I think I’ll go get seen though.

Went for my 40 year MoT a number of years back. Diagnosed with high cholestorol. So glad I went early enough to get on the statins and not do myself any more harm.

A bloke at work literally dropped dead a couple of weeks ago he was talking to someone and having a brew he stopped talking mid sentence and fell forward onto his mate , people where working on him till the paramedics arrived and they said it must have been instant he was only 61. Two of my brother's had heart attacks in there early 60s fortunately they both survived and are doing ok had myself checked out and everything seems okay if you have a history of heart disease in your family get your self checked
Glad you got the all clear mate. Always best to get checked out.

Take every health check offered,you can also go to the drs and ask for a mot,blood pressure,blood test,wee sample,i do it evey year,picked up a couple of things i would of missed,once you get to 50 you need to be proactive about your health checks,it's an hour out of your life and it might save it

A bloke at work literally dropped dead a couple of weeks ago he was talking to someone and having a brew he stopped talking mid sentence and fell forward onto his mate , people where working on him till the paramedics arrived and they said it must have been instant he was only 61. Two of my brother's had heart attacks in there early 60s fortunately they both survived and are doing ok had myself checked out and everything seems okay if you have a history of heart disease in your family get your self checked

When working on the ships a deckie went to load the ship and keeled over dead. He was 52. Our first aiders with a defib got him back and kept him alive for 45 minutes until an ambulance could get through the traffic and onboard. He survived and I spoke to him a few weeks later and he couldn't remember a thing.

Take all the checks going, heart, liver, kidneys and prostate. I have had two scans and a cystoscopy lately after passing blood. Thankfully all clear except an enlarged prostate. Did I want to do them? No but the alternative was worse.

I know mate. I know I drink far too much and I know my lack of exercise is shocking. I’m not massively overweight but I feel a lot older than 41. Always a case of ‘would rather not know’, which highly irresponsible of me.
I’ll go.
Hope Mr Hoddle makes a full recovery and soon.
I’m very similar, always liked a drink but I now have regular weeks off the pop! My excercise consists of playing golf about once a fortnight. You are way to young not to face the MOT, at your age there is almost no health problems that are insurmountable or reversible, will be good to see how you get on.

Ha ha well after sticking with the Blue's in the dark years we know our mental health is dodgy. Our tickers should be okay due to how many times it has been pushed. Seriously men are terrible at getting checked hopefully it will prod a few into action.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.