Glory Glory in meltdown?

Rammyblues said:
Well before FFPR came in I could see some of the arguments of other fans as to why they are jealous of us, but not anymore. The Rags have been at it from day one not our earned money blah blah blah. We ll my argument once FFPR kicked in it is our money because we are all governed by the same set of rules. All clubs from this summer have had to operate within their budgets on a break even basis, we have done that as far as I am concerned similar with the rags, Liverpool and Chelsea. The fact we have a bigger income from our commercial enterprises and CL footie just means we can buy better players. This is what Platini wants. We did just get over the moat before the drawbridge was drawn up, CL football means so much, something you can't gamble away ever. If Liverpool regain a top four place this year at the expense of Arsenal I can almost guarantee you they will not fall out of it again. Rags know that, partly why they have invested, Chelsea know it and probably since January have spent more than any other club in the World on new players.Mancini will know it as well, if it is a choice between CL and Prem, Prem has to be number 1 target, it is why Liverpool fucked up because Benitez prioritised CL over prem, Harry got carried away with it last year as well. IMO :-)
Excellent point rammy
Scum have finally spent big because they simply cannot afford to do a Liverpool and drop out of the top four
If they did they would be in serious shit
Everyone says it's worth about 20 million a year but, in actual fact if you read other well informed posters, it's more like £50 million a year to them
That would make a huge dent in the Glazer's payment options
So they have spent big, but on youth as they need to build as well, they aren't afraid of losing the title, but they are of finishing fifth

WNRH said:
citygal1 said:
ChesterRdBlue said:
That would be quality with some decent lyrics put to it.

"we didnt start the spending" haha

We didn't start the spending
It's been never ending
Since the game's beginning
All we're doing is Blending
In something that's trending

while others debts need tending?

I have been exiled in North London for the last 13 and a half years. Today was simply awesome! Last night I had the pleasure of having diner with two Arsenal fans and it was simply a delight to hear their ceaseless moaning. Because they have been top 4 for the last 15 years they just can't handle the fact that they aren't remotely contenders any more. The fact that they seem to imploding in a remarkable fashion makes it even more amusing.

Lots of Spuds fans are just the most up their own arses and non self-depricating set of fans you could wish to meet. They are constantly deluded that they are on the verge of glory and I've taken some serious abuse from them at points in the last few years when we almost always lost to them. Of course, having suffered what is now League 1 us City fans can handle any sort of football abuse, it is like water off a ducks back, but Spuds fans just can't hack it. I've been busy sending the obnoxious ones messages by text and Facebook all afternoon but they have gone into hiding. I fucking love it! I can't wait to go into work on Tuesday (why did it have to be bank holiday this weekend as it delays my winding up by another 24 hours?!).

Today I couldn't get to the match but I watched it with my brother in law who is a Spuds fan (and not one of the obnoxious ones). There were 6 of us watching and there were 3 Spuds, 2 Gooners and me. What an amazing experience! Also of interest is listening to how fans of other teams now perceive us. They are all now in awe of what a great side we are and they are genuinely thinking that we can do some serious damage in the CL. For me all of this being a top side is taking a hell of a lot of getting used to. Having spent my life worrying about how shit we are, this is a truly remarkable turn of events. Long may it continue!

Balti said:
WNRH said:
citygal1 said:
"we didnt start the spending" haha

It's been never ending

we didnt start the fire
rags were always spending
so lets stop pretending
we didnt start the fire
while the leagues complain
citys goals keep raining

citygal1 said:
Balti said:
WNRH said:
It's been never ending

we didnt start the fire
so lets stop pretending
we didnt start the fire
citys goals keep raining
I love the idea of a song, but also a simple banner along the lines of `THFC,MUFC,AFC,BRFC,CFC.... MCFC WE DID`nt START THE FIRE`....let em work it out, the penny will drop.

DortmundDummy said:
citygal1 said:
Balti said:

we didnt start the fire
so lets stop pretending
we didnt start the fire
citys goals keep raining
I love the idea of a song, but also a simple banner along the lines of `THFC,MUFC,AFC,BRFC,CFC.... MCFC WE DID`nt START THE FIRE`....let em work it out, the penny will drop.

ooh i like that idea too.

DortmundDummy said:
citygal1 said:
Balti said:

we didnt start the fire
so lets stop pretending
we didnt start the fire
citys goals keep raining

Very good bit of a mouthful though especially if you've had a few scoops

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.