Gloryhunters....

As I might have mentioned before I have been hunting glory since 67>68 season,granted I did see some of it,but by fuck when that glory took an extended holiday until the FA Cup win it was to put it lightly very grim,but as someone else posted today it was the making of us,steeled in the fire of misery if you like

Near certain the capacity was a lot less than 35000 that year, about 31000 or 32000 from memory

You may be right mate we built that Gene Kelly stand at some point to increase capacity but i am not sure what year that was.

I get loads of comments living in Sheffield about supporting city....lived here since 1990 and the comments have changed over the years. In the past, everyone use to say things like 'proper supporters you lot'. Nowadays, the first thing usually said is 'how long have you been a city fan then?'....i have 2 replies pending on the attitude of the person asking; Reply 1..many years mate, still carry the scars, still cant believe our great fortune........Reply 2; I use to watch united but there shit now, city win more so there the team for me!
Interestingly, most people seem to believe reply 2 as opposed to reply 1

Glory Hunting since December 1960, should have known then what was ahead,it was a Central League game stood on the Scoreboard End and it was freezing.

Ah, Central League. If I recall correctly, we actually paid to watch that stuff.

I'm a couple of years or so behind you, mate. My first game would have been around 1962 or 1963. So two golden eras as a glory hunter with the odd pinch of shit in between.

Ah, Central League. If I recall correctly, we actually paid to watch that stuff.

I'm a couple of years or so behind you, mate. My first game would have been around 1962 or 1963. So two golden eras as a glory hunter with the odd pinch of shit in between.

Yes, we did and I think the programme was a single double sided sheet.

Remember we all turned round at half time to see the scores being put on the scoreboard, which sometimes was the most excitement to be had !

Just shows you how far we have come as I'm just watching a gameshow on TV with Bradley Walsh and the prize is a full day out package at CITY.

A team without glory hunters Either play shit fotboll or Will never compete for trophys. Glory hunters are proof for success

....everywhere you look. I can't stand them;

Whether it's beating Gillingham in the play off final or winning the Champions' League, we all hunt for glory. The basis of all the fans we gathered during the hard-luck years are a by-product of the Mercer/Allison years. My old man's a City fan but never laments about 'glory hunters' because he's one. Although Old Trafford is the closest ground to his home (he's from Old Trafford) he fell in love with Colin Bell and City's winning ways and became a City fan; and I'm a by-product of that glory hunter mentality.

Success and history are built on glory hunters. And to feel important or empowered because you support a team that underachieve is as pretentious as supporting a team because they win everything.

Fans who think they're heroes because they support an underachieving football club need to get over themselves and probably don't have much of a social life.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.