Glyn Pardoe on grandson Tommy Doyle’s debut

He's so proud of Tommy. Great stuff. Such a shame his other grandad isn't still alive to see it. Comes from great footballing stock does Tommy Doyle.

I know Glyn personally and when he appeared at our Local Mid Cheshire Branch Meeting for a Q & A Session, he was just the same with his emotions.As Chairman of the Branch at the time, he sat next to me and we had to give him a minute or so to compose himself,but it was emotion filled with pride and he sincerely hoped that Tommy could follow in both his grand-dads footsteps with the Blues and make a full time career out of football.
Guess the rest is down to you Tommy ... I somehow think you will young man.

I had a whinge this morning about the failure of the BBC to mention his debut and in particular to show the pic of the giant banner of Mike Doyle at the match. It seems they still have not seem fit to mention the family story.
Of course as you know more than most Glyn's cousin was the real Alan Oakes who played nearly 800 games for City and whose son Michael played PL football with the Wolves.

It is poor that the BBC could not make a human interest story out of this football family. Quite deliberate in my view.

Glyn is a very emotional man. He was on Radio Manchester once telling how he nearly lost his leg and even his life after a foul by Best. It was really moving.

I noticed you were very careful to avoid Glyn's
tears falling in your Guinness;)

He never even received either a call from him or a visit.Speaks volumes about the piss head.
He never even received either a call from him or a visit.Speaks volumes about the piss head.

I was giving Best a dishonourable mention at the same time as you. Never mentioned by the media who were too busy glorifying the cnut.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.