Goal Line Technology

Tricky Dickys Right Foot Shot

Imagine if we had it 45 years ago England would have no trophies what so ever.

I just love watching English managers/legends cry about goal line technology all the time yet no-one has bothered mentioning that if it were for goal line tech in 1966 England wouldn't of had that goal allowed against Germany.

I personally think goal line tech would be stupid to have in football I think all these controversial decsions are apart of the game.

I feel the exact opposite. Sure, the introduction of GLT might alter the way the game is experienced, for both players and spectators. But at the end of the day the game is about scoring goals, and we see so many bad decisions with potentially huge after-effects, such as in Spurs' case earlier today.

They use it in hockey with great success and I see no reason why video tech shouldn't be used in football as well.

PS - I am really glad they didn't have it at the Stamford Bridge today though!

GLT has got to come in,ok that one today is great but just imagine how you will feel if something like that costs us the cup final which is far from an impossibility.
For me it is the only thing that technology should be brought in for but it needs to be done.

There is a fornicator on Talk Shite saying it's all a conspiracy because the FA want City in the Chimps League.

Works fine in rugby and stops the tantrumming

yes say I. But delighted that Scrotumface was duped tonight.... Karma...

-- Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:51 pm --

Pam said:
There is a fornicator on Talk Shite saying it's all a conspiracy because the FA want City in the Chimps League.

Pam, I love you: this is Clarkie, surely !!!!!

Tricky Dickys Right Foot Shot said:

I just love watching English managers/legends cry about goal line technology all the time yet no-one has bothered mentioning that if it were for goal line tech in 1966 England wouldn't of had that goal allowed against Germany.

I personally think goal line tech would be stupid to have in football I think all these controversial decsions are apart of the game.

I think you will find that England won 4:2....so do the maths mate and disalow a goal. Think you will find that is 3:2 and still enough to win.

bluestreak said:

I think you will find that England won 4:2....so do the maths mate and disalow a goal. Think you will find that is 3:2 and still enough to win.

Yeah but wasn't the third goal the one that didn't cross the line? Who's to say Germany wouldn't of fought back just like we would of last year but obviously when the decision doesn't go in your favour it can be a bit demoralising.

I agree when people say they wouldn't want us to be in that situation where we get screwed over but I seriously think all this technology bollocks that people are trying to introduce into the game is just turning a blind eye on the poor performances from referees and linesmen I watch a fair bit of foreign league football and am yet to find a controversial decision made by their referees.

I seriously think a batch of decent foreign officials would probably be a lot cheaper and a massive improvement.

I remember the ref against Juventus at CoMS and thinking this guy is brilliant only to of heard that he's looked upon as one of the worse refs in Italy (not that he is bad but that they have a lot more better ones over there) over here officials are scared to give anything against the big teams look at Mike Deans performance in the Semi-Final he wasn't scared of booking anyone or calling a foul he believed was a foul for either us or the rags and I thought his performance was 8/10

bluestreak said:

Yeah but wasn't the third goal the one that didn't cross the line? Who's to say Germany wouldn't of fought back just like we would of last year but obviously when the decision doesn't go in your favour it can be a bit demoralising.

I agree when people say they wouldn't want us to be in that situation where we get screwed over but I seriously think all this technology bollocks that people are trying to introduce into the game is just turning a blind eye on the poor performances from referees and linesmen I watch a fair bit of foreign league football and am yet to find a controversial decision made by their referees.

I seriously think a batch of decent foreign officials would probably be a lot cheaper and a massive improvement.

I remember the ref against Juventus at CoMS and thinking this guy is brilliant only to of heard that he's looked upon as one of the worse refs in Italy (not that he is bad but that they have a lot more better ones over there) over here officials are scared to give anything against the big teams look at Mike Deans performance in the Semi-Final he wasn't scared of booking anyone or calling a foul he believed was a foul for either us or the rags and I thought his performance was 8/10

whos to say england wouldnt have gone on to win 6-2 anyway with outrage that , that goal wasnt given. you cant say that and then not accept that also it could have gone in englands favour

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.