Goalkeeper

Look at some clips of Zack and you will see his distribution is very Edderson like

And there is a clip of him coming out and making an Edderson style sliding tackle

It's what Steffen should be doing ! Eddie is no1 and will be for a long time while we play this style of football . Zack Steffen is going to have to be Eddie+ to get the no1 shirt from him .

It's what Steffen should be doing ! Eddie is no1 and will be for a long time while we play this style of football . Zack Steffen is going to have to be Eddie+ to get the no1 shirt from him .
Agree but he does look like the no 2 we need especially if Ederson gets injured. Trouble is he looks too good to be satisfied as a number 2 for very long at his age.

After we won the league under Mancini I remember seeing a kids tv show about City youth academy. They spent a lot of the program on the keeper; a young English lad with blonde hair (I think) who talked about replacing Joe Hart in the future. I can’t remember his name but just curious if anyone saw it and knows who he was/what happened to him?

After we won the league under Mancini I remember seeing a kids tv show about City youth academy. They spent a lot of the program on the keeper; a young English lad with blonde hair (I think) who talked about replacing Joe Hart in the future. I can’t remember his name but just curious if anyone saw it and knows who he was/what happened to him?

Daniel Grimshaw

After throwing a Manchester Derby away in his last game, the mutant poleaxes one of our players and almost gives another goal away in his next one - yet the groupies will still defend him. You’ll both be on the Steffen bandwagon within 18 months.

When did he almost give a goal away?

Ederson did absolutely nothing wrong last night and it's pretty pathetic seeing others cry about him.

Ederson is quality it will be hard for anyone to dislodge him

maybe its not about dislodging him but bringing in better quality to the depth of our squad?
Ederson is also not perfect - the last derby being an example

Don't get me wrong I love Ederson but football is a brutal competition and you have to be at the very top ALL the time or your position can be under threat - with goalkeepers this is only highlighted more because of the nature of their position and what happens when they make mistakes.

After throwing a Manchester Derby away in his last game, the mutant poleaxes one of our players and almost gives another goal away in his next one - yet the groupies will still defend him. You’ll both be on the Steffen bandwagon within 18 months.

Ah yes, he had a bad game in the derby so he's already shit, then there's a very unfortunate accident in the next where he was pretty much perfect. They just didn't see each other, they were following the ball, Ederson genuinely looked devastated when he realised what had happened. Yes he makes mistakes but he's proven himself as one of the best in the world, and the best in the world with ball at feet. Zack is good, but he's not Ederson. Muric is good, but he's not Ederson. Ederson is the keeper for the next few years unless something goes horribly wrong, which considering he got mauled in the face, sent off v Wolves, and always returns instantly after an injury... to me it suggests he's going absolutely nowhere.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.