Goalposts (for garden) for 11 year old hot shot

TueartsOHK

Team supported
Citizens of Hope and Glory
My 11 year old son (who plays football in the garden) has now gone through several sets of goal posts - usually by pretending he's Ya Ya Toure and putting his foot through the ball whenever he gets the chance and smashing the posts in the process. I was wondering if any Blues out there with sons have found some decent goal posts that have lasted - there are plenty on the internet with decent reviews but most of them seemed aimed at younger kids. I'm also not sure what size - the FA recommend 7 foot x 16 foot for his age range but this seems excessive.

Any constructive advice welcome

Have you tried Samba goals, they are what are used in Junior football, but don't have to made full size as the way you put them together you can reduce the size, I have had a set in my garden for a good 4/5years and I have an 18 year old that smashes everything no finess and a 13 year old who hits a ball like an 18 year old and the nets have stood the walloping, the post have anyway

So google Samba goal posts, one thing they aren't the cheapest, depending on budget

big blueballs said:
Have you tried Samba goals, they are what are used in Junior football, but don't have to made full size as the way you put them together you can reduce the size, I have had a set in my garden for a good 4/5years and I have an 18 year old that smashes everything no finess and a 13 year old who hits a ball like an 18 year old and the nets have stood the walloping, the post have anyway

So google Samba goal posts, one thing they aren't the cheapest, depending on budget

Amazon mate £48, 6' - 4' samba

My youngest lad played in an under 12 league and they had in floatable goals
Don't have the dimensions but they never let them down (no pun intended)
Go to Littleton rd on a Sunday morning the whole league use them happy days.

INFLATABLE EVAN LOL?

big blueballs said:

Cheers mate will check that out :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.