Goals 2019/20 | League 102 | All Comps 148

3 away from 100 league goals with 1 game left... Norwich at home.

It may have been mentioned elsewhere but our 12-0 aggregate against Watford this season is the biggest margin over two league fixtures in the top division since Arsenal beat Grimsby by the same margin in 1947/48.

The missed pen was the 5th in the league this season, equalling the PL record held by Spurs and Liverpool.

We need to score 2 goals vs Norwich to make it 300 league goals over the last 3 seasons. Incredible.

Apart from our goals scored I think we have kept only 2 less clean sheets than Liverlpool.
How we are so far behind still gets to me

Apart from our goals scored I think we have kept only 2 less clean sheets than Liverlpool.
How we are so far behind still gets to me
I've not looked anything else up but isn't Eddie tied with Pope on 15 clean sheets for the Golden Glove award, Allison is on 13 I think.

Edit: NVM , just answered my own question. Eddie has missed 3 PL games, Alisson has missed 9.

Last edited:
What makes it even worse is we've conceded only 6 more than liverpool, scored 20 more, and have a GD 14 better (obviously they have a game in hand).

Some bizarre stats really when you consider how far off the top we are points-wise. It shows that when we win, we often smash teams into next week. 97 goals in 37 games with 9 defeats is astonishing but the mad thing is that while we have been vulnerable defensively, we’ve missed a shit load of chances at the other end too. I don’t know what the updated expected goals tally is but I’m guessing it’s nearer to 120.

Edit: Just checked and expected goals is a lot lower than I thought at 98.64 but Liverpool’s expected points are something like a whopping 20 less than they currently have.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.