Godsway Donyoh

SlimShadyRus said:
Could anybody explain to me, why are we still slaving african yougsters and then send them to Scandinavia? We get nor money profit, neither any players for (at least) EDS team.
"slaving", seriously? Should I put that down to the language barrier?

ColinLee said:
SlimShadyRus said:
Could anybody explain to me, why are we still slaving african yougsters and then send them to Scandinavia? We get nor money profit, neither any players for (at least) EDS team.

Taking on lads from Africa & finding them jobs as professional footballers. 'Slaving' ?

Somehow I doubt any of these lads are doing anything they don't want to. Quite the opposite.

Neville Kneville said:
ColinLee said:
SlimShadyRus said:

Taking on lads from Africa & finding them jobs as professional footballers. 'Slaving' ?

Somehow I doubt any of these lads are doing anything they don't want to. Quite the opposite.
Maybe this word wasn't the right one - they get loaned out and play, not like those who don't play at all (like Johansen at the 1st half of the season, due to his age, I guess). But still, could anybody explain to me, why are we still signing african yougsters and then send them to Scandinavia? We get nor money profit, neither any players for (at least) EDS team.

SlimShadyRus said:
Neville Kneville said:
ColinLee said:

Maybe this word wasn't the right one - they get loaned out and play, not like those who don't play at all (like Johansen at the 1st half of the season, due to his age, I guess). But still, could anybody explain to me, why are we still signing african yougsters and then send them to Scandinavia? We get nor money profit, neither any players for (at least) EDS team.

They go to Scandinavia for a work permit. They would never be given permission to play by the UK government normally so the best way to get around it is to send them to another country where they can get an EU passport in as quick a time as possible. The countries with the quickest arrival-to-citizenship time are in Scandinavia and Benelux.

The time away from Manchester is also good for separating the wheat from the chaff. City have an agreement with the RTD Academy where we sign something like 4 players a year from them - 3 of those players will never be up to standard, we just sign them to take a chance. If they turn out to be below City standard then after 2-3 years we pass them on to another club which is more their level.

All it takes is one of these African kids to be the next Weah/Yaya/Milla and it's kerching all the way to the bank. They turn out average and we find them a club and career elsewhere, what's not to like?!!

Falastur said:
SlimShadyRus said:
Neville Kneville said:

They go to Scandinavia for a work permit. They would never be given permission to play by the UK government normally so the best way to get around it is to send them to another country where they can get an EU passport in as quick a time as possible. The countries with the quickest arrival-to-citizenship time are in Scandinavia and Benelux.

The time away from Manchester is also good for separating the wheat from the chaff. City have an agreement with the RTD Academy where we sign something like 4 players a year from them - 3 of those players will never be up to standard, we just sign them to take a chance. If they turn out to be below City standard then after 2-3 years we pass them on to another club which is more their level.
Thanks, I didn't know about the details. And forgot about the work permit. Do they need it even to play for u21?

SlimShadyRus said:
Falastur said:
SlimShadyRus said:

Thanks, I didn't know about the details. And forgot about the work permit. Do they need it even to play for u21?

They need it even to turn up to training.

Falastur said:
SlimShadyRus said:
Falastur said:

I thought it was only necessary if taking part in any game where money is taken at the gate?

ColinLee said:
Falastur said:
SlimShadyRus said:

I thought it was only necessary if taking part in any game where money is taken at the gate?

Crossed wires, I think. I think you're right about that, but that situation would only help a player for a set amount of time. You can come to the UK on a travel visa for something like 90 days and you could train - or take a trial - in that period but as soon as that ends you still need a work permit to then stay inside the UK. After the 90 days, without a work permit then anything you do is illegal, whether it be playing a game, attending training or just sitting in a house. If a player signs for City he either needs a work permit or he must be farmed out to a work permit feeder. That was the point I was getting at.

Falastur said:
ColinLee said:
Falastur said:

Crossed wires, I think. I think you're right about that, but that situation would only help a player for a set amount of time. You can come to the UK on a travel visa for something like 90 days and you could train - or take a trial - in that period but as soon as that ends you still need a work permit to then stay inside the UK. After the 90 days, without a work permit then anything you do is illegal, whether it be playing a game, attending training or just sitting in a house. If a player signs for City he either needs a work permit or he must be farmed out to a work permit feeder. That was the point I was getting at.
Ahh, of course, I didn't think further on. My bad.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.