Going Abroad on your own

Travelled 60 countries now, majority on my own, but truth is was very rarely ever on own, unless your a miserable bastard chances are you will meet some people in groups, a woman, or even other solo travelers, I always managed to somehow and i am a right miserable bastard

I haven't been to Tbilisi yet. Next month. It might be different as I'm going for a common purpose but I have no apprehensions about it.

Not sure if @Taxi is making a point or is this a normal taxi post :-)

All I am saying is that everyone is getting giddy page after page on travelling alone and for some it's not all it's cracked up to be.
The point is it's not for everyone "Going abroad on your own"
By all means give it a go but trust me it will turn out like a jar of marmite .
I would not walk in a pub on my own for example where I knew no one.
I see folk propping up a bar with distant stares or furtively glancing around the room while they nurse an hour out of a gill of ale.
Were is the fun that's all I am asking ?

I need to talk a lot which is my achiles heel so finding my inner self sat cross legged on a rock in the foothills of Tibet would be a total no no.
But for some errant souls the journey is a good one where you can get to know your purpose your values and your motivational beliefs to what drives you or makes you tic eh.

A pal of mine lets call him Norman really loves to travel alone but he simply can't eh he just can't ?
That's because every time he sits down to dinner in the hotel on his own he gets a Dougie and Jeannie tag team duo from Donnie that insists he has to sit with them rather than suffer the angst of being alone : /
You simply cannot win and then he says they continue to book him a place at their table for the upcoming parrot show and talent night contest.

All I am saying is that everyone is getting giddy page after page on travelling alone and for some it's not all it's cracked up to be.
The point is it's not for everyone "Going abroad on your own"
By all means give it a go but trust me it will turn out like a jar of marmite .
I would not walk in a pub on my own for example where I knew no one.
I see folk propping up a bar with distant stares or furtively glancing around the room while they nurse an hour out of a gill of ale.
Were is the fun that's all I am asking ?

I need to talk a lot which is my achiles heel so finding my inner self sat cross legged on a rock in the foothills of Tibet would be a total no no.
But for some errant souls the journey is a good one where you can get to know your purpose your values and your motivational beliefs to what drives you or makes you tic eh.

A pal of mine lets call him Norman really loves to travel alone but he simply can't eh he just can't ?
That's because every time he sits down to dinner in the hotel on his own he gets a Dougie and Jeannie tag team duo from Donnie that insists he has to sit with them rather than suffer the angst of being alone : /
You simply cannot win and then he says they continue to book him a place at their table for the upcoming parrot show and talent night contest.

tbh I am like you, I won't go in pubs on my own.

It's how I made friends when I moved to London and then back to a new part of Manchester.

I went in to my now local about a year ago after a City match and got "a new face!" comment within a minute. I call many regulars friends now.

Do you not find you've constantly met new people throughout your life? I know I have.

Not something I do generally. Last summer though had had a stinker of a day, roasting hot so pulled up outside one of the local boozers, went in ordered a pint......then I heard
" aren't you the ********** guy"
" Yep, fraid so"
" I'm your postman"
" Oh sorry, didn't recognise you with your clothes on "
Downed pint, walked out, 30 seconds all in all.

It's how I made friends when I moved to London and then back to a new part of Manchester.

I went in to my now local about a year ago after a City match and got "a new face!" comment within a minute. I call many regulars friends now.

Do you not find you've constantly met new people throughout your life? I know I have.

yeah true, just don't like sitting in a pub on my own.

Not something I do generally. Last summer though had had a stinker of a day, roasting hot so pulled up outside one of the local boozers, went in ordered a pint......then I heard
" aren't you the ********** guy"
" Yep, fraid so"
" I'm your postman"
" Oh sorry, didn't recognise you with your clothes on "
Downed pint, walked out, 30 seconds all in all.

Haha jesus.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.