Going Green to save Planet Earth

BELFAST_BLUE_BOY

With all the news on climate armageddon and OAPS using super glue to stick themselves to roads I thought I need to change my behaviour.....ditch my diesel car.....go green.....do my bit.......so, me and family off for a week in Whitby, I priced up the train cost for 2 adults and child return from Chorley.....it cost £500 standard train fare and took 5 hrs+ !!! ..... we have no chance really do we until it costs billions with flooding and major weather events..... nothing will change from COP26....blah blah blah - anyone think we can avoid this?

Seems a bit pricey
Did you travel 1st class?
You should have got a family railcard. 1/3rd off standard fare.

I saw an article yesterday on the Daily Mail that confirmed that China are infact the worlds biggest polluters!

I bet they are shitting it now the press are on to them!
Aye, it's a good trick, that one. Move all of the world's production over to China, get them to make all of our stuff using mainly coal power plants, and then criticise them for using too much electricity.

I was watching that programme Shop Well for the Planet and it pissed me off how much of this is placed on individuals. The term 'carbon footprint' comes from a BP campaign because like tobacco companies, they know that if they can shift the blame onto individuals, they can carry on as normal selling their stuff. If you made companies pay the true cost of recycling their products through taxes, you know that Coca Cola would come up with a new type of packaging within a few years. Whereas if we want anything other than tap water, we basically have no choice but to get a plastic bottle. Loads of shops don't even sell cans any more because bottles are bigger and therefore more expensive.

But inspired by this programme, I thought I'd have a look in the Body Shop, because they do refillable shampoo. Three times the price as my normal shampoo. And to be fair, it's no more expensive than their normal shampoo, but it's just another example of the environmental option being the premium option. Nobody is selling own-brand shampoo in refillable bottles, for example. Having said that, maybe the actual eco-friendly option is not to use shampoo at all. It's not technically necessary.

With all the news on climate armageddon and OAPS using super glue to stick themselves to roads I thought I need to change my behaviour.....ditch my diesel car.....go green.....do my bit.......so, me and family off for a week in Whitby, I priced up the train cost for 2 adults and child return from Chorley.....it cost £500 standard train fare and took 5 hrs+ !!! ..... we have no chance really do we until it costs billions with flooding and major weather events..... nothing will change from COP26....blah blah blah - anyone think we can avoid this?
I live in Chorley too, and i'm of too Whitby next weekend, though defo going in my diesel 4x4...

I was watching that programme Shop Well for the Planet and it pissed me off how much of this is placed on individuals. The term 'carbon footprint' comes from a BP campaign because like tobacco companies, they know that if they can shift the blame onto individuals, they can carry on as normal selling their stuff. If you made companies pay the true cost of recycling their products through taxes, you know that Coca Cola would come up with a new type of packaging within a few years. Whereas if we want anything other than tap water, we basically have no choice but to get a plastic bottle. Loads of shops don't even sell cans any more because bottles are bigger and therefore more expensive.

But inspired by this programme, I thought I'd have a look in the Body Shop, because they do refillable shampoo. Three times the price as my normal shampoo. And to be fair, it's no more expensive than their normal shampoo, but it's just another example of the environmental option being the premium option. Nobody is selling own-brand shampoo in refillable bottles, for example. Having said that, maybe the actual eco-friendly option is not to use shampoo at all. It's not technically necessary.
Sadly true in my case. Very occasionally I treat myself to a splodge of my lovely wife's shampoo but other than that no requirement for the stuff.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.