Going on holiday by yourself.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by @BluePhil8, 20 Aug 2016.

1. @BluePhil8

@BluePhil8

Have you done it? Would you do it?

2. Pablo1

Pablo1

Yep. Vegas and Mexico. I do Tenerife 3/4 times a year as well but that doesn't count because I've got pals over there.

3. yeseye

yeseye

EARLY CROSS, CHANCE AT THE FAR POST,HINCHCLIFFE
    No & no.

4. TCIB

TCIB

Yes a few times, it was the best time of my life, absolutely nothing to hold me back. If you are affable and out going you make mates easy + if you just want it quiet then that part is ready made. I never felt alone or cut off, in fact i never felt so connected to the world around me. It was the perfect platform for me to grow up. Party islands and off the beaten track, all of them were worth it.

If you know you don't need others to feel content do it.

5. Does backpacking count?

6. idahoblues

idahoblues

yes and yes

7. andyhinch

andyhinch

Loads of times, enjoy it, you meet more people that way, it's a good job as know one will go with me

8. BimboBob

BimboBob

Yup. If you include backpacking.

9. acquiesce

acquiesce

All the time. It's great. You're free to do what you want, when you want. If you're too hungover to function, you can just stay in the hotel all day. You don't feel obligated to do anything if for anyone else. Just let the day/holiday take you were it wants.

10. KippaxCitizen

KippaxCitizen

Yes I would do it. I'm very independent and enjoy time spent alone and speaking to people I've never met before. The thought of knowing that not a single person that knows me knows where I am or what I'm doing is nice to me.

I dip in and out of time spent with mates and family. Don't like being with others day-in-day-out/night-in-night-out even though I love a night out on the piss with mates, a date/night with a girl, time spent with family - doing that all the time doesn't interest me at all though. I need my solitude! And I need it a few times a week.

I've never done it because I'm always spending all my money on other things.

The only thing I'd worry about is who'd put the sun tan lotion on my back?