Going to Lisbon on saturday

Everywhere was open till 8pm, bars cafes etc, but restaurants have different rules and can serve till 11pm. We stayed in an airbnb in Bairro Alto which was good value, I think currently everywhere is cheap because of the availability. Spent 3 days getting around in Ubers and it was ridicilously cheap to do so.

I have to say all the locals were really friendly and could all speak English, when I leave the Netherlands I am considering it as a place to live.
if you get the chance give Porto a whirl...i loved Lisbon but thought Porto was the dogs bollocks....

Reactions: ell
I prefer Portugal as a destination compared to most of Spain. I've a soft spot for the Cadiz area though, but sadly probably won't ever go back since the Mrs' dad died.

Went to Cadiz last summer, it was so unbelievably hot!
Sorry for your loss

Went to Cadiz last summer, it was so unbelievably hot!
Sorry for your loss

Thanks for your kind wishes. It was very sad for the other half but thankfully, the one and only positive is that he passed on just before COVID restrictions kicked in. It could have been a very long and dragged out affair if he left us a week or two later.

Back on the happy topic - the Cadiz region is probably one of my favourite areas abroad. Can't beat the relaxed culture. If you want a small beer and some olives in the morning, who cares? The locals are at it too!

We spent a night in Seville the last time we went over there. A place I would recommend to anyone.

Off to Lisbon next week.
I think some of the restrictions have eased again
Was last there when heading to Braga for Hearts game so looking forward to it

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.