Going to ODI on Sunday

tmouseman

The problem is that England will be playing football at the same time.

1) Do you think there will be a screen at the cricket?

2) If not is it possible to leave the cricket and get back in after the football?

I do want my cake and eat it......

I'm off there too - was well cheesed off when the US scored that goal!

Just checked the LCCC website and there's no mention of it.

3pm will be about change of innings time i guess.

I do know at headingly a few years back for an ODI vs sri lanka (2006 i think), they refused to show it - instead they announced they would do a full re-run off the footie at the end of the cricket ie about 7pm. Not surprisingly, me and about 50% of the sellout crowd all cleared off to Leeds city centre to watch the football.

I've been told in the past they have shown it on TVs in the bar areas at OT in the past, but not sure this time.

I work at Lancs during matchdays!, doing 1 of the most important jobs, scoring the match (cricket match) for the Replay Screen so I was a little pissed off when America scored right at the end today which means I won't be able to give my full attention to the football otherwise I will cock the score up.

I can't answer the question regarding whether they will show the football, personally I cannot see it. During England matches the ECB control a lot of what goes up & they usually show replays & advertisements & also of course the cricket scoreboard so the only thing I reckon they would do is do score flashes ,their won't be time for anything else.

A few years ago a screen was erected near the nets but with little time scale left until Sunday again I would say this would be doubtful. The best bet would be to watch it outside one of the bars underneath the stand or in the Pavillion, they SHOULD have it on. You also should be ok leaving the ground & coming back, they usually give you a passout & providing you don't loose it you should be able to get back in no problem. Don't quote me on any of this though this is just what i think MAY happen.

BLUEMATT23 said:
I work at Lancs during matchdays!, doing 1 of the most important jobs, scoring the match (cricket match) for the Replay Screen so I was a little pissed off when America scored right at the end today which means I won't be able to give my full attention to the football otherwise I will cock the score up.

I can't answer the question regarding whether they will show the football, personally I cannot see it. During England matches the ECB control a lot of what goes up & they usually show replays & advertisements & also of course the cricket scoreboard so the only thing I reckon they would do is do score flashes ,their won't be time for anything else.

A few years ago a screen was erected near the nets but with little time scale left until Sunday again I would say this would be doubtful. The best bet would be to watch it outside one of the bars underneath the stand or in the Pavillion, they SHOULD have it on. You also should be ok leaving the ground & coming back, they usually give you a passout & providing you don't loose it you should be able to get back in no problem. Don't quote me on any of this though this is just what i think MAY happen.

Ta for the info, at least I know who to blame if the scoreboard gives out duff stats on Sunday! ;-)

I'd be extremely surprised if they did show it - it is a cricket match after all.
It would be far too disruptive and downright dangerous - you can't have a crowd suddenly jump up and start shouting about a foul when a bowler is just about to launch a ball towards someones head at 90 mph.
If I was watching the cricket and they were showing football I'm sure I'd be pissed off about it. Not everyone is interested in football. If you want to watch football sell your tickets on E-bay and go and watch it. To expect a cricket ground to show a football match is ridiculous.

What next - asking COMS to show the England Rugby World Cup games if they clash with a home game?

BLUEMATT23 said:

You are Matt Proctor and I claim my £5

daveduke67 said:
I'd be extremely surprised if they did show it - it is a cricket match after all.
It would be far too disruptive and downright dangerous - you can't have a crowd suddenly jump up and start shouting about a foul when a bowler is just about to launch a ball towards someones head at 90 mph.
If I was watching the cricket and they were showing football I'm sure I'd be pissed off about it. Not everyone is interested in football. If you want to watch football sell your tickets on E-bay and go and watch it. To expect a cricket ground to show a football match is ridiculous.

What next - asking COMS to show the England Rugby World Cup games if they clash with a home game?

It was a question not an expectation and no of course not on the main screen I wondered about something behind the stands so pull your F*cking neck in.
Thanks everyone else for useful fedback.

I can't believe some people actually thought the OP was asking if it'd be on the main screen as the match is going on!!!

I've not been for years, but you always used to be able to get a pass-out.

I was at a test match at OT a few years ago and England were playing Sweden in the World Cup I think and they had a big screen set up in the car park by the practice ground and when the match kicked off about half the crowd went to see the footy!!!

England won 3-0 i recall and Alec Stewart was batting for England at the time

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.