Golazo......C4 Italian Football

BlueMoonz1977

Did anyone manage to catch to Golazo docu on BT sports, charting how the show was started from the pitch idea to the producers to looking back through the best moments.

As soon as the original C4 Golazo theme music came on it took me right back to my youth lol. Remember when it came on and getting the chance to see one of the best teams of that generation A.C Milan in action with Gullit, Van Basten, Rijkaard etc was jaw dropping along with players like Batistuta, Papin, Maldini, Zola, Ronaldo, Rui Costa just a few amongst a long list

If i remember correctly I think during its reign the most expensive player signed by Molan was GianLuigi Lentini who played as a winger but the a bad injury wrecked his time their.

IIRC a large part of the appeal was that Gazza had just moved to Lazio, and people wanted to see how he got on?

IIRC a large part of the appeal was that Gazza had just moved to Lazio, and people wanted to see how he got on?

Defo...they showed clips of gazza as the host of the show as that was the original idea put forward, with james richardson just as a side piece. However gazza couldn’t talk for toffee fucking up about four takes, and Richardson ended up with the job

as a kid always used to think the shout in the theme tune was "Goal Lazio", and the blatant favouritism of that always confused me.
Ha ha no way i thought that it said that too.
Used to love it on a Sunday afternoon, it was either that or aap ka Hak.
And replying to the o.p I thought it was a really good docu, well put together with some great stories from ex players and the like.

And replying to the o.p I thought it was a really good docu, well put together with some great stories from ex players and the like.
And me!!!

It was well put together, i was actually shocked to see some players who had played in Italy that I never knew had. I honestly think it is part of our downfall that some english talent doesnt decide to go and learn the game in another country - now with the money on offer and it doesnt look like slowing down I guess it will never happen.

I reme,ber watching an AC Milan game when the tv camera was panning around the stadium and then all of a sudden a bloody moped just dropped out the stands - a moped !!!! No stewards in those days then in Italy lol

Football italia on C4 was probably one of the best live football this country has shown and James Richardson the best presenter of football on tv

Italian football back then was incredible. Players like Signori, baggio, gazza, Mancini were a joy to watch.

I also thought it said goal Lazio.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.