Golf Thread

It's a different dynamic now in the European team largely because America dominates where the majority of players play. The oft quoted 'bond' that the Europeans had in comparison to the Americans is more of a myth that the Captains try and cling on to than reality. Half the team are permanently US based: Rahm, Garcia, Poulter, Casey, Hovland, McIlroy and, with the exception of Westwood (maybe Weisberger as well) who I think spends more time here because of his kids, the others play most of their golf in the States as well. Those who qualified through the tour rather than on world ranking points did so primarily through the majors and WGC events rather than week in, week out in Europe.

11 minute tee off times for singles match play.

Can't the authorities see that this promotes slow play, when we need to eradicate it.

I'm pissed off with 8 minutes for 4 ball winter golf at my club.

just look at the teams. The US team in the rankings how many of that team is in the top 10 players in the world compare it to the European team thats the problem. Winning over there is always going to be a big ask. Harringtons picks have they worked out. Garcia yes , Lowry to some degree. Poulter not at the races. I feel for Justin Rose to miss out on the team. Saying that i think Europe will win the majority of the singles games today. The US will win over all by 3 points to 5.

Rahm 4 down after 4 holes. Looks like the weight of carrying the European team has finally caught up with him. Shame some of them just never turned up when it mattered.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.