Golf Thread

Played Wednesday afternoon, not too bad after the enforced break. We were intending doing the Driving Range but that many rules & regs, do's & don'ts to actually get in coupled with the course being quiet early afternoon we decided to play both courses at Castlehawk instead. Nice to see that they've not upped the prices too.

Driving and putting decent but need a bit of work on my irons and around the edge of the green which is normally the best part of my game.

Got a few aches but out again on Sunday.

Hit 97 the other day after a year without even going to the range. Struck the ball beautifully but left and my short game was terrible. Happy though, ball striking has been my no.1 focus for a while and it’s paying off

Golf club annual subscription , gone up £50 but you get £50 off for renewing. No discount for all the months we couldn’t play and whilst I realise this isn’t the fault of my club I think asking for the “full” amount again is wrong.. I realise the club aren’t a charity but neither am I.. Anyone else in the same boat?

Golf club annual subscription , gone up £50 but you get £50 off for renewing. No discount for all the months we couldn’t play and whilst I realise this isn’t the fault of my club I think asking for the “full” amount again is wrong.. I realise the club aren’t a charity but neither am I.. Anyone else in the same boat?
Our club made no increase and ‘offered’ a £100 discount to anyone who paid their subs in full last March (and therefore kept the club financially sound during lockdowns). So basically £100 discount for the next 12 months for losing 6 months last year.
Members were encouraged not to take up the offer and pay in full as the club needs every penny it can get.
It’s a difficult one.
I certainly understand where you are coming from.

Can anyone offer advice on a set of starter club's (not looking to break the bank but not looking for complete bargain basement that I will need to upgrade any time soon)?

Probably going to get some off eBay knowing that if I chuck it in I will probably get my money back on them............

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.