Golf tips

I've been a 3 / 4 handicap golfer for as long as I can remember, however I've crept up to 6 this season and will be higher than that when the new handicap system kicks in.
I'm 57 and the body is slowing down, I've lost a few yards off the tee which is then putting pressure on my approach play resulting in less greens in regulation.
There is a training system that I'm going to do over the autumn/ winter period that will increase your clubhead speed by 5-10 mph. It's called over speed training. It involves swinging a shaft as fast as I can. It's similar to 100m sprinters running downhill in training. There are lots of videos on YouTube that describe the method and the equipment needed.
It takes time to reap the rewards but I'm hoping to go from 90 to 95/100 mph which hopefully should give me an extra 20 yards.

I've been a 3 / 4 handicap golfer for as long as I can remember, however I've crept up to 6 this season and will be higher than that when the new handicap system kicks in.
I'm 57 and the body is slowing down, I've lost a few yards off the tee which is then putting pressure on my approach play resulting in less greens in regulation.
There is a training system that I'm going to do over the autumn/ winter period that will increase your clubhead speed by 5-10 mph. It's called over speed training. It involves swinging a shaft as fast as I can. It's similar to 100m sprinters running downhill in training. There are lots of videos on YouTube that describe the method and the equipment needed.
It takes time to reap the rewards but I'm hoping to go from 90 to 95/100 mph which hopefully should give me an extra 20 yards.

what's the new handicap system?

I’ve played 2 courses in the last 3 weeks . Sickleholme which is near Castleton. Bit hilly but what superb condition it was in , very friendly people there too. On Friday I played Davenport for the 1st time , great layout with some very testing holes . In good condition and again very impressed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.