Good Article in the Independent

He'd like it to appear to be everybody's fault but his own it seems. He's a poor manager making excuses to his mate in the press. It's the same after matches, in typical rag style.

I found the mention that Dunne is possibly feeling the effects of Hughes training regime interesting. This is our club captain and if he is not producing the goods then give it to the person showing most dedication and willingness to the cause. Kompany possibly or maybe even Ireland as most players are declaring his new found maturity.

I hope Hughes is producing the tough stance on all players as even though I don't agree with the tactical side of his management so far, he needs to drag this club by the balls to get us up the table.

Gavin said:
He'd like it to appear to be everybody's fault but his own it seems. He's a poor manager making excuses to his mate in the press. It's the same after matches, in typical rag style.
This 'typical rag' cry isn't doing Manchester City FC any favours. There is nothing in this world that would get under 'their' noses if Hughes was a success with us.

I thought the article raised some interesting issues in terms of our managers signings and the influence he believes some players have positivley and negatively, it should raise 'some' debate, rather than rag this or rag that

I'm sure the players appreciate a manager that repeatedly makes sure that negative information about them and their teammates is leaked to the press in an effort to make the manager look better.

The trust must be pretty high in the training camp.

I'm unconvinced by this idea that the manager should be handling the players with kid gloves; mollycoddling them like they are toddlers. These are grown men, paid an immense amount of money to train and perform. If they're not doing that to the best of their ability then the manager has every right to reprimand them (in whatever way he sees fit) and, as a paying supporter, I'm fully behind that.

I understand the man-management argument where Hughes is concerned and some of them certainly don't want to seem to play for him judging off recent performances, but should we not be laying a little more blame at the players feet, seeing as they're the ones on the pitch meant to be doing it.

To me, whether they want Hughes as the manager or not, is completely irrelevant - he is the manager! Every time they put on that blue shirt or cash that mega-cheque they should take a long hard look in the mirror and ask themselves if they're doing all they can do to make Manchester City a better team. More than a few right now are simply not.

Wooderbeen said:
I'm unconvinced by this idea that the manager should be handling the players with kid gloves; mollycoddling them like they are toddlers. These are grown men, paid an immense amount of money to train and perform. If they're not doing that to the best of their ability then the manager has every right to reprimand them (in whatever way he sees fit) and, as a paying supporter, I'm fully behind that.

I understand the man-management argument where Hughes is concerned and some of them certainly don't want to seem to play for him judging off recent performances, but should we not be laying a little more blame at the players feet, seeing as they're the ones on the pitch meant to be doing it.

No problem with that, but surely the place to do that is in his office or on the training ground, not by dropping tales in the press.

moomba said:
Wooderbeen said:

No problem with that, but surely the place to do that is in his office or on the training ground, not by dropping tales in the press.
I don't think he's said anything there we didn't already know anyway. I agree, though, that this seems a strange and entirely unnecessary distraction going into an important game this weekend.

Some similar stuff from my post in a previous thread about 2 camps of players forming...

Camp 1) Those who want to win, can't stand just killing time and picking up the cash. Know that success in football will only come from hard work on the training ground and that the necessary levels of fitness will only come from looking after their bodies with rest and nutrition.

Camp 2) Those who are happy getting a point against mid-table teams, the odd glory win and "these things balance themselves out over the season (let's blame the ref)" defeats against teams that we should be thumping 9 times out of 10. Happy with a couple of hours running around Carrington with their mates having a kick-about and a great "banter with the lads" before nipping down the pub / golf / snooker / shopping / Racing Channel / etc.

Camp 1 - you are the future. City will add more players like you and you know that will mean you will all get better as individual players so you are happy.

Camp 2 - your time is up. You have had 6 months to show that you want and need to be in Camp 1 and have been found wanting. You can put stories around that you don't like the training, the coaching staff and anything else. It will not save you now. If some other team is mug enough to take you on you can join others like you at "sleeping giant" clubs who will never wake. You can join one of the "great mate" managers who would "love to have you in his team" is great with "the lads" joins in with "the dressing room banter" and is "sweet" with his boozing buddies from the rag-top media.

Camp 1 - Rob, SWP, Zab, Vinny, Ireland. Would like to think Petrov and the Boj are there as well.

Camp 2 - Too many to mention. Sorry to say that the heart of our defence is there.

Bring in about 5 new players in Jan. Ship out the timewasters in June and bring in the next generation for next season.

BlueDune said:
Some similar stuff from my post in a previous thread about 2 camps of players forming...

Camp 1) Those who want to win, can't stand just killing time and picking up the cash. Know that success in football will only come from hard work on the training ground and that the necessary levels of fitness will only come from looking after their bodies with rest and nutrition.

Camp 2) Those who are happy getting a point against mid-table teams, the odd glory win and "these things balance themselves out over the season (let's blame the ref)" defeats against teams that we should be thumping 9 times out of 10. Happy with a couple of hours running around Carrington with their mates having a kick-about and a great "banter with the lads" before nipping down the pub / golf / snooker / shopping / Racing Channel / etc.

Camp 1 - you are the future. City will add more players like you and you know that will mean you will all get better as individual players so you are happy.

Camp 2 - your time is up. You have had 6 months to show that you want and need to be in Camp 1 and have been found wanting. You can put stories around that you don't like the training, the coaching staff and anything else. It will not save you now. If some other team is mug enough to take you on you can join others like you at "sleeping giant" clubs who will never wake. You can join one of the "great mate" managers who would "love to have you in his team" is great with "the lads" joins in with "the dressing room banter" and is "sweet" with his boozing buddies from the rag-top media.

Camp 1 - Rob, SWP, Zab, Vinny, Ireland. Would like to think Petrov and the Boj are there as well.

Camp 2 - Too many to mention. Sorry to say that the heart of our defence is there.

Bring in about 5 new players in Jan. Ship out the timewasters in June and bring in the next generation for next season.
in one way this is an easy solution... easy mindtrap to fall in... keep those that like training get rid of the rest... on the other hand there are lots of experienced players that has performed on high level before Hughes that is in the get rid camp according to that mindtrap... i just dont buy that... they still have the same talent as before, they are just not motivated by Hughes so they get inspired to do the right thing... this leaking and naming in the press is a terrible way of handling our squad... there just is no excuse for doing that... terrible way... get me well pissed off... if Hughes and his coaches cant handle our squad that was at the same time last year 4th in the league and with added players... then there is just one way for them to go and that is take the hike back to Bburn... i have said earlier that i would like to give Hughes up til Forrest game to make a change but the more that comes out the more pissed i get with how things are working...

FFS get us a new managers and new coaches in that know how to handle players!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.