Good City Player autobiographies

Ed68

I read Paul Lakes when I was away last year and have to say it blew me away.

I'm hoping to take a few away with me next week however think it will be hard to get anywhere near as good.

I already have Bert T's and am looking to buy Andy M's too. Are there any other decent ones? Is Mike D's any good?

Oh, I've previously read Buzzer's and the Goats.

I've just started Dennis Tueart's which looks interesting. Mike Doyle's is as blunt and outspoken as you'd expect, I found Colin Bell's a little dull tbh.

Dennis Tueart's very good. About all is clubs Sunderland NY Cosmo's and City

Laurent Charvet said:
Stuart Pearce and Robbie Fowler's are quite good.
Not a City player, but I enjoyed Bobby Robson's.

I imagine Bobby Robson's would be excellent. Robbie Fowler's was quite interesting but more about Liverpool than at City.

Just finished Dennis Tueart's autobiog. The earlier part was the standard youngster-growing-up-and-making-it-in-the- bigtime fare, and of course"that goal". I found his post-playing years more interesting - there is a degree of self-pity as he was ousted from his seat on the board, but his insight into the depths we sank to is most revealing.
Read his views on Frank Clark and Joe Royle, for example, and on Gio. The chaos and lack of direction in those years is frightening to look back on.
Give it a go.

jonmcity said:
Dennis Tueart's very good. About all is clubs Sunderland NY Cosmo's and City

T'was a good read as was Lakeys.

Colin Bells I wasn't too sure what to make of, think it was Ian Cheesemans first go but we have to remember Colin was a very humble man who wasn't particularly fond of the limelight, the book very much bore those characteristics out, so, with that in mind it very much captured what Colin Bell was about really.
(That's what I like to think anyway).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.