Good for Joe Hart??

chorltonblue

May sound ridiculous but was his bad mistake today a good thing for his and city's benefit. Could this mistake be a reality check and although a slight hinder in his confidence actually boost/motivate his future performances? My opinion anyway, I think!!

Goalkeepers will ALWAYS make mistakes ....

some just make more than others , and thankfully Joe Hart comes into the latter catergory.

Wayne Rooneys second half miss was as bad as Harts clanger !

black mamba said:

some just make more than others , and thankfully Joe Hart comes into the latter catergory.

bang on.

de niro said:
black mamba said:

bang on.

This Exactly !!

He's human, everyone makes mistakes, what makes or breaks you, especially as a keeper, is how you react to those mistakes.
There isn't anywhere to hide in goal, you're remembered for that one mistake as a keeper, and the other 89 minutes are forgotten. It's unforgiving.
A forward misses an open goal, and it's forgotten in a minute.

Goalkeepers are a different breed, they need to be. It's why it's so important for keepers to be able to put their mistakes out of their head and move on, deal with it after the game.

He'll be better for it. He's young, on a massive salary, starting for England and the champions of England, and the whole footballing world is singing his praises.

A bit of grounding, practicularly when you've no competition, isn't the worst thing to happen to him.
It cost England today, but he'll benefit from it in the long run.

It may well be a mistake by Joe, but the mistake was not remembering what a clumsy tw*t Lescott is for getting in the way and blocking him off from the ball, or that expecting Gerrard to mark a man is as good as giving him a free run at it.

If we look at the game honestly we did well to nick a point anyway, so no real damage done.

Had the balls to say it was defo his mistake that cost the team when asked. Cant ask much more than that. His decision making at when to come will improve and he will get even better at that side of his game.

It wasn't exactly a mistake in my opinion.He made a decision to come and punch,as there was space in front of him.He was blocked by his own defender[Lescott?] and it was a decent header.England should have had someone on the other post and it might have been prevented.If he had stayed on his line the odds are it would have gone in anyway.

Poland were as bad as us in my opinion and only looked a bit dangerous on the break.If we had had more composure up front and a better/earlier delivery of the crosses we should have been two or three up before their goal.

Is anyone here fed up of internationals? I hate them,they disrupt everything and we cop injuries.We are light years away from ever winning anything at international level and as for the ACON don't even get me started!

Also,this cancelling of the football programme before internationals in my opinion hasn't helped the results or performances a jot.

chorltonblue said:
May sound ridiculous but was his bad mistake today a good thing for his and city's benefit. Could this mistake be a reality check and although a slight hinder in his confidence actually boost/motivate his future performances? My opinion anyway, I think!!

Joe Hart will be the best keeper in the world of that there's no doubt. At this moment in time though he's still a young keeper, and as long as no one blows smoke up his ass he'll turn out ok. He's still got a lot to learn, but I'm glad he plays for us!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.