Good team yes, good squad???

bondsman

I think yesterday showed our squad up as pretty poor given the money we have spent. Injuries to Milner and Richards aside, the reserve players we have kolarov Garcia Sinclair kolo maicon lescott, Rodwell, even arguably dzeko because of his performances when he starts, are not good enough to come on and change a game for me. There is no attacking threat in any of the names I've just listed no one who can take the pressure of yaya when we need someone to drive the team and no pace. This for me is a big problem last year I always felt we had five subs who could fit into the starting 11 and it not be weakened I don't feel that any more. Rodwell, Garcia, Sinclair are 3 signings that have sent us backwards and hampered our chance to rest players.

For me its other way around. Good squad but not good team.

Lesser squads outplayed us in CL. Because they had better teams.

There are weaknesses in the squad that's true. But all other PL clubs have bigger weakneeses in their squad that's sure.

We should get the best out of our team/squad and if that is not enough then we shoul talking about making new signings.

But making new signing because we cant get the best out of our players well then we wont get the best out of those new signings either.

It shouldnt be accepted that players like Dzeko, Balo, Nasri or Silva we can get the best out of them for one season maybe one and and a half. and think on signing new star strikers or players like Hazard instead of them.

What if we get Cavani instead of Balo and he wont find his form as we wont play in a system that plays to his strenths and we start rotate Cavani for this reason while he is hardly every rotated at Napoli in important matches?
Sell him too?

BoyBlue_1985 said:
So aside from the fact that Dzeko, Maicon and Kolarov have all come on this season and changed a game for us you have a point

When you looked at our bench yday other than tevez did you think it was strong?<br /><br />-- Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:20 am --<br /><br />
BoyBlue_1985 said:
So aside from the fact that Dzeko, Maicon and Kolarov have all come on this season and changed a game for us you have a point

When you looked at our bench yday other than tevez did you think it was strong?

bondsman said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:

-- Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:20 am --

BoyBlue_1985 said:

Not really its good, and still better than most but its missing 2 big players in Richards and Milner which says alot. Dzeko, Richards, Maicon, Milner and Kolarov could play first team football for most prem teams

BoyBlue_1985 said:
bondsman said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:

BoyBlue_1985 said:

Not really its good, and still better than most but its missing 2 big players in Richards and Milner which says alot. Dzeko, Richards, Maicon, Milner and Kolarov could play first team football for most prem teams

We're not talking most teams though. Would those players get United's team or chelsea's or even Spurs and the answer is no.

We made a mess of the transfer window in the summer and it doesn't matter whether it was marwood or Mancini to blame. It needs to be addressed in January.

nevilletogoater-in said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
bondsman said:

We're not talking most teams though. Would those players get United's team or chelsea's or even Spurs and the answer is no.

We made a mess of the transfer window in the summer and it doesn't matter whether it was marwood or Mancini to blame. It needs to be addressed in January.
I think Dzeko, Maicon and Richards would oh and Milner in the same capacity as they do ours. We didnt really make a mess we sold 2 players that were subs and replaced them with subs. Injuries have cost us big this season

Feel sorry for Rodwell, as daft as its going to sound, other than a couple of goals hes give away, he's not done to bad. He hasn't settled then he gets an injury, was happy we signed him hope he does well. But he's no Toure i'll agree with that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.