Google Gmail problem

Don't worry, it's not a problem as such. Gmail ignores the dots. If somebody applied for techno.blue@gmail they wouldn't get it if somebody already had technoblue@gmail.com

So Joe Bloggs gets his mail whether it's sent to joe.bloggs@ or joebloggs@ but nobody else could have registered joebloggs@ so it's fine.

Don't worry, it's not a problem as such. Gmail ignores the dots. If somebody applied for techno.blue@gmail they wouldn't get it if somebody already had technoblue@gmail.com

So Joe Bloggs gets his mail whether it's sent to joe.bloggs@ or joebloggs@ but nobody else could have registered joebloggs@ so it's fine.
But that's exactly what has happened. Someone has registered the same address as me but without the full stop.

But that's exactly what has happened. Someone has registered the same address as me but without the full stop.
How can you tell?

I just tried to create my username with dots (currently it has not dots) and Google did not allow it, saying it's already registered (i.e. to me).

interested i set up a new gmail account and sent emails to it with a full stop that doesn't belong in between 2 names.....email not recieved

How can you tell?

I just tried to create my username with dots (currently it has not dots) and Google did not allow it, saying it's already registered (i.e. to me).
I'm getting emails meant for the person whose address is the same as mine but without the full-stop. So if I'm (for example) prestwich.blue@gmail.com there's a woman in the USA with the address prestwichblue@gmail.com and I'm getting emails for her, including access to online accounts she has set up. So in this case that safeguard has failed pretty badly.

I think the other person has probably given out the wrong email address (as in, yours).

The dots don't make any difference.

I'm getting emails meant for the person whose address is the same as mine but without the full-stop. So if I'm (for example) prestwich.blue@gmail.com there's a woman in the USA with the address prestwichblue@gmail.com and I'm getting emails for her, including access to online accounts she has set up. So in this case that safeguard has failed pretty badly.
Is there a woman with your first name in the USA? That would be unusual.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.