Gordon Elliott

sheikmedick

What do all the racing fans on here think about that picture of him sat on the dead horse ?
Undeniably brilliant trainer but what the fuck was he thinking.Always seemed a bit more working class than a lot of the more gentrified trainers and that’s what I liked about him but he’s let himself down badly with that photo.

I imagine it will be hard for him to get his reputation back after this.

I don’t think there could have been a worse looking photo to have emerged.

Crazy.

Takes a hard person to train jump horses emotionally, don't know why he was sat on the carcass but when they are alive they get the best of everything and treated extremely well but you must somehow detatch when things happen.
As for the hand gesture I accept it as a "give me two minutes", done it myself plenty of times.
I don't gamble now but still love Cheltenham meeting and watch the racing, think it may have a bearing on this photo coming out two weeks before the meeting.
I'm in the " very stupid but not a ban" but like most governing body they will make a big deal of it - if they think it's cruel then justify horse racing because it would be far more difficult than sitting on a horse that has passed.

Creating outrage and frothing at the mouth through sitting on something that's only purpose and function was to be sat on for sport its entire life...right.

Have you ever thought of posing for a photo whilst sitting on a carcass?

Does your job revolve around welfare of animals?

I’m not a horse racing fan. I have no idea who this bloke is. I also have no idea what his history of caring for horses is.

I think people that sit on dead animals or trophy hunters posing next to dead animals are cunts.

I don’t think I’m alone in thinking that.

To say you took a phone call and sat down on the dead horse without thinking to take the call is bizarre to say the least.

Who does that sort of thing?

Then to add that the photo was taken a long time ago as if to say because of that it doesn’t matter suggests that he is not ready to wave the white flag at this point but he’s on a sticky wicket cos that photo is so damning and it’s already caused damage to his reputation that may prove to be beyond repair.

Have you ever thought of posing for a photo whilst sitting on a carcass?

Does your job revolve around welfare of animals?

I’m not a horse racing fan. I have no idea who this bloke is. I also have no idea what his history of caring for horses is.

I think people that sit on dead animals or trophy hunters posing next to dead animals are cunts.

I don’t think I’m alone in thinking that.
Not a good look and he's going to pay for the rest of his life. However, his horses, like most in training are well looked after and cared for in the very best way. It's a dead horse, not a dead person, crass, insensitive and very stupid but it's not even a crime let alone one he shouldn't be allowed to redress. A donation to the Injured Jockeys fund or a horse charity would be a more positive contribution than a ban.

There's a lot more abuse of live animals out there, this horse had died, nothing was going to change that, a moment of madness but for me I find the reaction to be way over the top.

I do agree with your sentiment that trophy hunting wildlife probably attracts "cunts" but it's way down my list of people to really despise, after Paedophiles, murderers, terrorists, rapists, drug dealers, burglars, muggers, scammers, abusers, Rags and Dippers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.