Gosport Hospital Deaths

Over 450 lives cut short by misuse of drugs?

WTF?

Gross negligence or something more sinister?

I was thinking that too, have we got another Shipman on our hands. It doesn’t stack up in the world of the NHS where there has always been complaints of under funding since year zero, they would then over prescribe drugs which I imagine takes an unnecessary chunk out of a NHS trusts budget.

Someone is hiding something, incompetence, negligence or something worse?

Reading the report,it was a huge cover up which began in the 90's and was overseen by one Doctor,who has since retired......

I'm not surprised families are demanding a criminal enquiry,something is very wrong here.

I heard the granddaughter of a victim on the radio and it sounded like all parties involved (hospital, General Medical Council, Coroner, Police etc) have been involved in cover ups, followed by attempts to cover up the cover ups.
I think an MP tried to get something done about this a few years ago but his plans for an enquiry were wrecked while he was on holiday. Not sure about another Shipman, but many officials have lots of questions to answer.

If they find her, the retired GP concerned has fucked off abroad this week, she will be charged.
”Make the patient comfortable” was code for her team to administer fatal levels of pain killers, whether needed or not.

The GMC tried to get her struck off but they did not have the authority to do it at the time.
Things are different now.

The woman who would not let this go reported her mum’s death to plod who dismissed her as a troublemaker.

And it’s 450 documented cases.

There are another 200 suspected where the records have disappeared.

A lot of negligent staff must be involved
Diamorphine is a controlled drug and is locked away with a named key holder, all medicines are checked as stock to ensure no thefts and checked on administration to ensure the correct Medicine is being given to the correct patient at the correct dose, nurses who are highly trained must know the doses are too strong and should have challenged this woman, they can't all have been submissive to her instructions.
Pharmacy who issue all drugs must have wondered what was going on too.
Sadly sounds like Hospital wide negligence
Staff can raise concerns anonymously too

A lot of negligent staff must be involved
Diamorphine is a controlled drug and is locked away with a named key holder, all medicines are checked as stock to ensure no thefts and checked on administration to ensure the correct Medicine is being given to the correct patient at the correct dose, nurses who are highly trained must know the doses are too strong and should have challenged this woman, they can't all have been submissive to her instructions.
Pharmacy who issue all drugs must have wondered what was going on too.
Sadly sounds like Hospital wide negligence
Staff can raise concerns anonymously too
From other reports today,it may not a situation that's unique to this one hospital.

Staggering.

Nurses raised their worries at the time with management who decided matters of medical treatment were outside their remit!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.