Gosport Hospital Deaths

The Liverpool Care Pathway.

The NHS killed thousands of patients on that brutal scheme. I watched my mother for over a week succumb to that nasty pile of money orientated shit, and the fact was, you had no choice. It was the humane and peaceful option, according to the doctor. who couldn't even look in our direction afterwards.

You wouldn't treat an animal like that.

No, you don't want to be ill when you are old in a hospital. The NHS will kill you off, and this whole episode doesn't surprise me in the least.

When my mother was in their care, she fell and broke her hip. It was four or five days before they operated on her. The nurses said she was comfortable, but I could tell immediately from the expression on her face she was anything but. There was then a huge song and dance made while they poured Morphine down her to alleviate her suffering.

If I hadn't turned up to visit every day, I'm convinced they wouldn't have done anything.

That was just one of many failings while she was in hospital. In all honesty, I could write a book about it. They tick their boxes as and when required on their forms, but it will ultimately destroy old people.

I wouldn't be surprised if there is another scandal just like this one at hospitals all over the country.

The NHS don't like old people in their care. I saw enough of it for months to realise that.

Maybe one of the flaws in a system strapped for cash..........and beds
A private hospital would want to keep you alive for opposite reasons, paid for by your insurance company.

Last edited:
Maybe one of the flaws in a system strapped for cash
A private hospital would want to keep you alive for opposite reasons, paid for by your insurance company.

One of my mothers friends went into a private hospital for some treatment. I don't know what it was for, but complications set in and she had to be bailed out.

The upshot was when she came out she had to sell her house to pay the bill.

Nothing's perfect, but it wasn't lack of cash that killed my mother, it was the system, the NHS bureaucracy of form filling and fear of being sued.

I was with my mother when she was being transferred to another ward, and she had to wait for the paperwork to be loaded on to her stretcher. The files were literally three feet deep.

Look, I could go on about this for ever and a day, but she wasn't treated the same as someone much younger. I saw it with my own eyes, and the anger I had inside me when I realised the NHS was killing her was very palpable.

I remember that sense very well. It confused me, and made me understand that not all is hunky dory with our beloved NHS.

One of my mothers friends went into a private hospital for some treatment. I don't know what it was for, but complications set in and she had to be bailed out.

The upshot was when she came out she had to sell her house to pay the bill.

Nothing's perfect, but it wasn't lack of cash that killed my mother, it was the system, the NHS bureaucracy of form filling and fear of being sued.

I was with my mother when she was being transferred to another ward, and she had to wait for the paperwork to be loaded on to her stretcher. The files were literally three feet deep.

Look, I could go on about this for ever and a day, but she wasn't treated the same as someone much younger. I saw it with my own eyes, and the anger I had inside me when I realised the NHS was killing her was very palpable.

I remember that sense very well. It confused me, and made me understand that not all is hunky dory with our beloved NHS.
I think they did the same to my Mother mate
She went in needing a hip replacement aged 92, soon dead of 'complications' after large doses of Morphine.'
My MIL died waiting for her op ( a weak bubble on her Aorta) sat at home 6 weeks waiting her turn. It burst.
It took 4 months to diagnose my FIL's Bile duct cancer, by which time it had spread and killed him.

That reads exactly like 'From The Message Boards' in Private Eye. Brilliant. If that is what you intended of course. Unless you really think that; in which case you are an idiot and good luck doing your shoes up in the morning
the idiot says read the pos
That reads exactly like 'From The Message Boards' in Private Eye. Brilliant. If that is what you intended of course. Unless you really think that; in which case you are an idiot and good luck doing your shoes up in the morning
the idiot says read the post below your reply

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.