got a job interview

yatesy94

Hi, basically I've after months and months of applying I've finally been offered a job interview for a retail store near me. This of course is great news but with it being retail I'm worried they'll want me to work on saturdays and I can't due to that I go and watch my football team on Saturdays.

Now most of you will probably think this is a petty excuse and that I don't deserve the job but I've paid almost £300 out of my own pocket to buy this ticket and I don't want it going to waste. Now just to make clear I am fully prepared to work any other day as opposed to working Saturdays. Is there any other way I could ask my potential employers in the interview that I am unable to work on this day without mentioning football for this reason?
I ask this because a person I know who works in retail said that they'll instantly not accept me if I say I can't work on that day because of football commitments.

I'm in exactly the same situation mate. Had an interview at Rymanns stationary the other week but couldnt get it because i couldnt work the shift once i start 6th form. Got another interview on Monday at Wilkinsons in Sale and have told them i can work full time near enough through the summer but once i go back to school i can only do Saturdays , then i realised we will have a load of Saturday games due to being in the CL , so im a bit puzzled as to what to do, but in a good negotiator and will somehow find a way to watch City next year haha

Put all thoughts of Saturdays on hold.
Go to the interview, try your best to get the job.
If you do, worry about it from there.
For some reason it's easier to get a job whilst you are in one.

Good luck.

if its a big supermarket you could well say your willing to work graveyard/night shifts as opposed to weekends, 2 other shifts hard to fill

I'll take it, I've just been turned down by Wetherspoons for being 'over qualified'. FFS, over qualified at 18 to pull a pint. No fecking hope.

Blue Smarties said:
I'll take it, I've just been turned down by Wetherspoons for being 'over qualified'. FFS, over qualified at 18 to pull a pint. No fecking hope.

over qualified is short hand for they will fuck off when a better offer comes, jd invest a few quid in training to there way of working, not a good move for an employee who fucks off

It's a nightmare isn't it. I went for a job the other day and told them obviously weekends are a no-no because I watch football; Mondays are out because me and my mates all play FIFA, it's a tradition for Christs sake; Tuesdays are tricky because that's my girlfriends day off and I like to spend quality time with her; Wednesday is "Poirot Day" on ITV3 and I like to spend Thursdays fairy hunting at the bottom of my garden. So basically I can work every 3rd Friday, but I still didn't get the job!

If I'd paid for my Seasoncard already then I think I'd fuck any Saturday job off. Missing out on what you've paid for because you're working some part time job? Never.

When I was a Student, I used to work full time over the Summer and bang £120 a week aside to keep me going during the season. Watching Manchester City play is one of the few pleasures in my otherwise mundane life so denying myself the opportunity to do so seemed pointless.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.