Government to discuss safe standing 25th June (page 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a lot easier to keep tabs and identify people when sat in their own seat. I doubt they are arsed or even bothered looking into it to know that safe standing will be no different than having your own seat. They are just too stuck up to implement it.

You are allocated your own seat. There is a seat, it’s just not used. Same deal in identification as normal seats.

Excellent! I was just going to say you should have been in the campaign all these years and then you ruined it by saying you pinched it from different sources ha ha.
I urge everyone to cut n paste the letter and email / send it to your MP.

Haha. I did compose the letter but cannot claim to have had all those facts to mind. Would be nice to think it will make a difference. For Tracey Crouch, a supposedly keen Spurs fan, to come out with the rubbish she has is ridiculous and she needs challenging.

Can't wait for about 20 MPs to debate this in parliament, only for absolutely nothing to come of it.

They are all power hungry ****z. The whole script needs ripping up.

Whats that got to do with the price of fish ? No point in complaining about no MPs turning up for the debate when those complaining don't even know who their MP is or cant be arsed pressuring them to represent them in the debate.

Every year I fill in my mcfc questionnairre, and on it I state that Safe standing is the way to ensure that I will attend more matches.

I have just emailed to my MP expressing my opinion and telling him how out of touch the sports minister is. I have also asked him to attend the debate and ask for Tracey Crouch to name one club against safe-standing.

Don't forget to include your name and address in any emails and then they are treated the same as a written letter.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Mr Khan,

as you may be aware, the issue and possible implementation of Safe-standing (rail seating) is to be debated in Parliament on 25th June 2018 after the petition, "Allow Premier League and Championship clubs to introduce safe standing" reached over 100,000 signatures and is currently at nearly 111,000 and counting.

Sports minister Tracey Crouch recently said that it was only a "vocal minority" who wanted Safe-standing and that "there is no desire amongst the top clubs to change", thus displaying her ignorance and unfortunately the now familiar parliamentary disdain towards football supporters that has existed for decades. What she said bears no resemblance to the actual situation. As a Manchester City supporter who regularly attends games I can say that from my experience the vast majority of my fellow supporters would welcome the introduction of Safe-standing areas. Many of my friends and work colleagues who are Manchester United supporters are of the same opinion. The Liverpool supporters trust recently voted 88% in favour of the introduction of Safe-standing.

For the sports minister to say "there is no desire amongst the top clubs to change", beggars belief. Presumably she isn't aware that Richard Arnold, the managing director of Manchester United, had confirmed he was "applying constant encouragement" for Safe-standing at Old Trafford, that Arsenal want the same at the Emirates stadium, that Manchester City are equally as keen and, crucially, Liverpool have said they will listen to the views of their fans, whose supporters trust as previously mentioned have voted 88% in favour of implementation. Chelsea, Spurs and Everton have incorporated Safe-standing areas in their new stadium plans in the hope it can be implemented. West Brom have just had a formal request to fit rail-seating knocked back. Brighton, Burnley, West Ham, Crystal Palace, Huddersfield, Swansea and Watford have all publicly backed Safe-standing. Newcastle have been to see the highly successful trial at Celtic Park and Bournemouth are said to be open minded. As you can see, Tracey Crouch could not be more wrong in her assertion. As for the Football League it could not be more clear cut. The League was given a mandate in 2013 by all of its 72 clubs to pursue Safe-standing and its stated policy is that its supporters should be given the choice of whether to stand or not.

The current situation sees many football fans standing in front of rows of tipped up plastic seats in an unsafe way and I have seen several falls and injuries. The Football Safety Officers Association is asking why "the Government is choosing to ignore what may prove to be a safer alternative".

Finally, I would ask that you attend this debate to represent what I believe to be a large majority of Manchester football fans in favour or Safe-standing. Also I would like you to ask Tracey Crouch to name one club from the Premier League or Football League who is actively against Safe-standing when, by my reckoning, it is possibly 92-0 in favour. Could you also ask how on earth is it that something that is acclaimed throughout the sport as a huge success in Glasgow can be illegal 120 miles south-east in Newcastle.

Yours Faithfully,

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Much of that is plagiarised from different sources but will hopefully get the idea across to him.
You forgot the bit about voting against him in the next election if he doesn't do his bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.