Government to "move quickly" on all seater reform

Mad Eyed Screamer

Research commissioned by the Government looking into possible reform of the all-seater legislation has concluded that more trials of standing areas in the top-flight are needed.....

Just spend a long weekend in Germany and it is all laid out before them.... Ridiculous.
http://www.fsf.org.uk/latest-news/view/more-standing-trials-needed-says-government-report

That is positive news and trials in England make sense. It might work well in Germany but because of why it was banned in the PL then you would have to evaluate how it works here before (hopefully) approving it.

That is positive news and trials in England make sense. It might work well in Germany but because of why it was banned in the PL then you would have to evaluate how it works here before (hopefully) approving it.
Without a doubt it is positive from where we were a decade or so ago when the issue wouldnt even be discussed by the footballing authorities never mind the government - now it is simply a case of how much evidence do you need?

Without a doubt it is positive from where we were a decade or so ago when the issue wouldnt even be discussed by the footballing authorities never mind the government - now it is simply a case of how much evidence do you need?

I don't need any. However, as it is essentially a political decision then you have to accept that it is part of a process. From not being consideted, to the possibility that it might be, to actual trials and then hopefully the green light was always how it would be.

Christ on a crutch, how much more do they need? They have been talking about this fo years. It's getting like Brexit.
If politicians are involved don't expect anything any time soon.They had basically one job,Brexit and made a dog's dinner of it.compulsory non binary gender is more likely to happen than safe standing

Loads of fan's are standing in seated stadiums anyway, so we already have it. The problem in the past was just letting almost as many as possible pay at the turnstiles unrestricted, leading to crushing and it being unsafe. This won't happen today.

The problem with trying to get safe standing reintroduced is that it's a political decision that isn't being driven by overwhelming public opinion. Most match going supporters aren't that bothered and no-one outside of that small section of the electorate is the slightest bit interested.

To be honest, as I'm 65 I wouldn't relocate to a safe standing area even though I am in favour of it as that is what I experienced in my earlier years as a supporter. I'm very happy with my relocation to SS3 & I'll never move again.

The problem with trying to get safe standing reintroduced is that it's a political decision that isn't being driven by overwhelming public opinion. Most match going supporters aren't that bothered and no-one outside of that small section of the electorate is the slightest bit interested.

To be honest, as I'm 65 I wouldn't relocate to a safe standing area even though I am in favour of it as that is what I experienced in my earlier years as a supporter. I'm very happy with my relocation to SS3 & I'll never move again.
Each to their own .some want it some may not but the choice should be there

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.