Government to "move quickly" on all seater reform

Hardly post on here but I attended the FSA meeting in Manchester on Thursday evening. The FSA have lobbied over the last 20 years in various incarnations such as FSF and Supporters Direct on this issue. Fan action such as the legalise safestanding campaign have been part of this. The SGSA who carry out inspections are few in number but the FSA have asked can the SGSA and also SAG (Safety Advisory Groups) can engage with fans and fan groups such as OSC and 1894 by having fan representation on advisory groups to ensure the process is done right. All major political parties are for a review of safestanding and the hope of the FSA is for major pilots next season across multiple clubs. Any fan can join the FSA and i recommend you do, most fans feel the same on issues such as standing, pricing, VAR and more and by working together we'll achieve more. https://thefsa.org.uk/news/join-the-fsa-today/

Many posters on forums like bluemoon believe safe standing would lead to cheaper admission prices. This wouldn't be the case though would it ? . There is no way a club would lower income just because of rail standing. Be interested in your thoughts on this.

If we had all standing sections I would consider renewing my season ticket again, it's a start to getting the atmosphere back.

Research commissioned by the Government looking into possible reform of the all-seater legislation has concluded that more trials of standing areas in the top-flight are needed.....

Just spend a long weekend in Germany and it is all laid out before them.... Ridiculous.
http://www.fsf.org.uk/latest-news/view/more-standing-trials-needed-says-government-report

Conservatives eh . What are they like? unable to actually implement anything that benefits people.

can always find the money for speed bumps .... never find it to fill in potholes

Many posters on forums like bluemoon believe safe standing would lead to cheaper admission prices. This wouldn't be the case though would it ? . There is no way a club would lower income just because of rail standing. Be interested in your thoughts on this.
Well in theory it should - but most likely wont here.
In Germany the capacity for the standing areas is greater for a domestic game than it is for a European game (where the game has to be played in a seated stadium.
For every 10 seats you can have 18 standing (apparently you use more space when standing up!)
So a 3000 seated area holds 5400 standing up so clubs can / do reduce prices and do not lose out financially.
Obviously here - to begin with - it will be one person one spot. It is up to fans to behave in the areas and show down the line that capacities in the areas should increase and take it from there.
It has taken 20 years of campaigning just to get where we are today!

Well in theory it should - but most likely wont here.
In Germany the capacity for the standing areas is greater for a domestic game than it is for a European game (where the game has to be played in a seated stadium.
For every 10 seats you can have 18 standing (apparently you use more space when standing up!)
So a 3000 seated area holds 5400 standing up so clubs can / do reduce prices and do not lose out financially.
Obviously here - to begin with - it will be one person one spot. It is up to fans to behave in the areas and show down the line that capacities in the areas should increase and take it from there.
It has taken 20 years of campaigning just to get where we are today!

Agree entirely with you, and for one I would prefer to stand, and not expect it cheaper.
But it would be the next big moan, by many, as you point out it would be one for one.

so true matey and the cost of putting them in and the having more stewards will be lumped on to the price, and like you said £50 for a seat so why would club charge a lower price when knowing the bottom line is £50 they are getting for the same space ???

look i would love standing back ? but will it bring better atmosphere in modern day football grounds ?? banter and PC police with swearing and foul language fans being kicked out weekly already

yes am all for the nutters and racist and homophobic being kicked out, but not all songs are all loving and peaceful and banter is a big part of the so called atmosphere and songs are used to have a go at your rivals and their fans and swearing and foul language is a big part of banter

Unless it’s put in the north stand or increases capacity, I don’t see how it would make any difference, considering the south stand already stand up.

it would be just the same as now- in person to one seat/ standing area

Unless it’s put in the north stand or increases capacity, I don’t see how it would make any difference, considering the south stand already stand up.

it would be just the same as now- in person to one seat/ standing area
Imagine making the North Stand into something like the home end at Dortmund (cant post a picture on phone) housing 25,000 standing up!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.