Grandson met a legend today

Yeah , Brian Kidd is a really nice guy , Collyhurst lad , a 'real Manc' , and i actually met his a few years back ... he's looking well for a 71 year old now ... but no doubting that he was a top player in his day , always really professional in everything that he did.

Kiddo is on this video scoring twice for us against the rags in a 3-1 win back in 1977.

But just on a sidenote , my daughter and her three year old son were in the Brittania Hotel, in Manchester city centre, about ten o'clock one night , and right out of the blue in walks Riyad Mahrez with two young City players ..... he made a real fuss of her son , bought him a soft drink and something to eat, played with him, and signed his autograph on his t-shirt , he seemed like a decent guy too.

Fucking hell, that utd keeper took a serious bribe that day!!! Even when the ball is straight at him it goes in.

Fucking hell, that utd keeper took a serious bribe that day!!! Even when the ball is straight at him it goes in.

Yep , aside from maybe the reliable Schmeichel and Van der Saar , the rags have had their fair share of clowns in goal for them down the years ... and this guy certainly appeared to fit the bill!

Yep , aside from maybe the reliable Schmeichel and Van der Saar , the rags have had their fair share of clowns in goal for them down the years ... and this guy certainly appeared to fit the bill!
The goalie was Alex Stepney, on his day a bloody good exponent of his trade, and a former England keeper. Used to keep the scores respectable for them in derby games!
Used to run the Navigation at the top of Lancashire Hill in Stockport (Beartown Brewery)

The goalie was Alex Stepney, on his day a bloody good exponent of his trade, and a former England keeper. Used to keep the scores respectable for them in derby games!
Used to run the Navigation at the top of Lancashire Hill in Stockport (Beartown Brewery)

Jesus I didn't realise that!! Stepney is usually considered one of their best next to Schmeichel. That clip of him saving from Eusebio usually gets shown as much as banks save in Mexico.

He still had a fucking nightmare that game.

Jesus I didn't realise that!! Stepney is usually considered one of their best next to Schmeichel. That clip of him saving from Eusebio usually gets shown as much as banks save in Mexico.

He still had a fucking nightmare that game.
I don't see why, Eusebio hit it straight at him. A foot either side and it would have been 2 - 1 for Benfica. Ruined my night out - I couldn't be bothered going to the pub after that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.