Grealish attacked on the pitch(update p33)

The media has a part to play in the escalation of bother at games, I can't speak directly about this dick at Birmingham but for example the Raheem issues attack at the training ground, racism, general abuse all undoubtedly due to them.

Last edited:
They deserve to be - thick twats like this ruin it for everyone.

Look at rugby fans, all get along, allowed to drink in the stands, mix in with each other. Yet, football fans, different breed, 40/50+ year olds desperate for hooligan days to return.
It kicks off with rugby fans as well.
As much as a myth as the Merseyside derby is a mutual scouse love fest.

No idea why the brum fan (however unpopular his actions were) has been denied his right to bail from the cop shop.outrageous decision.

What was so extraordinary about this incident that he had to be in court the next day.no ball?

Arrest yes, charged assault yes,but held for the next available court ..why? If the bloke had been arrested as part of a 10 man brawl in brum city centre with ofher football fans,he would hv been released pending further i investigation ...even if charged his automatic right to bail would hv ensured he got out before court.Someone arrested for kicking shit out of their partner? Automatic right to bail if charged....i can only think it was a villa fan-custody sergeant who dealt with this case.. The actual sentence,as another poster has said is about right,due to deterrent factors

..meanwhile.down in London,the fan who went onto the pitch and assaulted Smalling,albeit a lless serious incident. .but still the same offence..,is charged and balled..
Time to prepare himself for court,look after his family,enlist the help of any character references.etc

When Footballers get charged for nasty acts of violence perpretrated against members of the public..they are always bailed...gerrard,bowyer
When footballers carry out acts of violence against each other on the pitch..bowyer/dyer...they are not arrested.

Not condoning actions of brum fan,but like another poster has said,attacking players is hardly an epedemic..(it was very rare to find any at old trafford under jose ; )

Not at all trying to diminish what that idiot did, and it was a horrible and unforgivable action.'

But in comparison; What were the legal consequences of an equally (at least) big idiot, Cantona, for doing the same thing, only in the other direction? What was it, a couple of weeks in prison or community service, as well as hefty fines both from the club and the FA?

Yeah, that’s fair enough, but on the flip-side Cantona’s offence was commited in the immediate presence of children, some of whom would have idolised him. Provocation or not, his actions could have caused them physical and/or emotional harm.

Todays sentence has to be balanced against the fact that sentences have increased significantly in the last 25 years; especially for crimes of violence and sex.

Sentences for serious offenses have increased, sentences for "lower level" offenses have generally reduced.

If he'd committed this assault in the street then, assuming he had a relatively clean record and wasnt already subject to a court order, he would probably have been looking at something like 100 hours of unpaid work, taking into account his guilty plea. That would factor in that there was a high level of culpability but a low level of harm caused.

By that standard then his jail sentence does represent a significant step up clearly because of the deterrent factor.

It kicks off with rugby fans as well.
As much as a myth as the Merseyside derby is a mutual scouse love fest.
Have to disagree with you. The level of hooligans and violence is minimal at best at rugby. It is certainly not an environment I’ve been required to usher my lads away from knobheads ready to or are kicking off.

Good result with the other scrote who mocked Jack's dead brother. Kudos to Baz for stepping in and trying to do something positive when everyone wanted him tuned in.

If he'd committed this assault in the street then, assuming he had a relatively clean record and wasnt already subject to a court order, he would probably have been looking at something like 100 hours of unpaid work, taking into account his guilty plea. That would factor in that there was a high level of culpability but a low level of harm caused.

By that standard then his jail sentence does represent a significant step up clearly because of the deterrent factor.
I agree.

All seems a bit convenient. Maybe I’m just being cynical, but my spider senses are tingling here.

Well of course the kid could be winging it to escape a hiding. I think Birmingham have banned him and the police are investigating his tweets. Baz was a top boy in his day and as a Birmingham fan if he can't learn the error of his ways and some respect from him he never will.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.