Grealish attacked on the pitch(update p33)

Have to disagree with you. The level of hooligans and violence is minimal at best at rugby. It is certainly not an environment I’ve been required to usher my lads away from knobheads ready to or are kicking off.
Oh, I didn’t mean that it was on the same level of bellend fans as the footy, but it does kick off from time to time.
Obviously some team’s fans are worse than others, but nowhere near as bad as football fans.

Not at all trying to diminish what that idiot did, and it was a horrible and unforgivable action.'

But in comparison; What were the legal consequences of an equally (at least) big idiot, Cantona, for doing the same thing, only in the other direction? What was it, a couple of weeks in prison or community service, as well as hefty fines both from the club and the FA?

The worst part about the Cantona assault is that the BBC done an anniversary on it on their page gloryfying it. The Diouf spitting incident was uproar.

Anyway, im going off topic. Im surprised how quickly the guy was banged up. An assault on the street you would probably wait 8 months to see a magistrate court, then they would adjourn it 3 times for a 70 quid fine and conditional discharge

The worst part about the Cantona assault is that the BBC done an anniversary on it on their page gloryfying it. The Diouf spitting incident was uproar.

Anyway, im going off topic. Im surprised how quickly the guy was banged up. An assault on the street you would probably wait 8 months to see a magistrate court, then they would adjourn it 3 times for a 70 quid fine and conditional discharge

I think phone calls were made.

Anyway, im going off topic. Im surprised how quickly the guy was banged up. An assault on the street you would probably wait 8 months to see a magistrate court, then they would adjourn it 3 times for a 70 quid fine and conditional discharge[/QUOTE

The police used to warn us, on the trains to away matches,”if you get locked up, you will be in a cell till Tuesday as it’s bank holiday Monday”
They would hold you till the next court sitting, so it’s nothing new.
He pleaded guilty, there was video evidence,so it was straight to jail.
Probably the safest place for him tbf

Surely getting out early is supposed to be based on showing remorse and being rehabilitated?

If I was him though, I think I'd prefer to be in prison. He's likely to be targeted now with his face all over the papers, and I wouldn't be surprised to see him end up back in front of a judge fairly soon.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.