Great (and positive) City quotes [from over the years]

We were supposed to come out at half-time to do a draw at Maine Road once but Frank Clark said "I don't want those two tossers on the pitch", and we respected him for that.
Mark and Lard (September 2001)

I have to say, of all the games I've been involved in, the noise at the moment when that goal went in is different to anything I've heard before or since," said Hughes. "It was just unbelievable sound - different sound to a football crowd. It was a mixture of screaming and noise and it was just an unbelievable moment."

That terrorize Europe quote from the mouth of BIG MAL made me laugh Malcolm had made a massive fan of my Dad he hung on to his every word. So i was celebrating one of my early birthdays at the then famous Colin Bell"s restaurant when there was a big commotion We all looked up to see Mal with an entourage of gorgeous girls and in a moment my dad will cherish forever.he made a beeline to our table Dad " Are we going to have a good season in Europe Malcolm" Have you no faith in your leader" boomed Mal we"'ll terrorize them!

Many gems so far. Let's enjoy this set:

Reacting to the presenter's "Where does he fit in?" question, Scouser Thompson told Soccer Saturday: "At the moment, I don't know. On the bench, I would think."

thumbnail

"Manchester City paying so much money for Kevin De Bruyne is an absolute joke." Paul Merson said.

"I thought he was out of his depth at Chelsea. He never once went out on the pitch and looked like he belonged there. I don't think he could handle it - and now he's going to City for about three times what Wolfsburg paid for him. Not for me.

"He'll be on the bench at City for a start, because you can't change a winning team. Who does he get in ahead of? No-one. They're all playing too well.

"But he didn't like it when he was on the bench at Chelsea and he ended up getting bombed out because Jose Mourinho questioned his attitude.

"Okay, he's had a good season in Germany. But there are only a few decent clubs there really, aren't there? It's not the Premier League.

"I just think their money could have been better spent elsewhere. They need a forward. Aguero and Bony are not enough."

But he did earn it after that:

‘I enjoyed that’

Alan Ball after City were twatted six nil at Anfield.
Watched that in the Liverpool Main stand with a mate.i didnt enjoy it.one bit.apart from the hospitality ,got right stuck into that and was pretty pissed by the time the match kicked off.
Having been in the away end only 3 or 4 days earlier at Anfield( league cup) and seen us lose 4nil,i cant say i shared our managers view of the 6nil defeat..10 goals conceded ,none scored in one bastard week at Anfield,and your manager talks shite afterwards.
Dark days indeed.

Watched that in the Liverpool Main stand with a mate.i didnt enjoy it.one bit.apart from the hospitality ,got right stuck into that and was pretty pissed by the time the match kicked off.
Having been in the away end only 3 or 4 days earlier at Anfield( league cup) and seen us lose 4nil,i cant say i shared our managers view of the 6nil defeat..10 goals conceded ,none scored in one bastard week at Anfield,and your manager talks shite afterwards.
Dark days indeed.

Indeed let’s fuck Paul Walsh off for Gerry Crainey. Let’s leave Tony Coton on the bench and play Eike Immel, I think it took us till the back end of October till we actually won a game that season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.