Great (and positive) City quotes [from over the years]

Did anyone say it in '33? We had a couple of scratchcards yesterday ending in '34. 'n '35. Which dya want, sez Mrs Ewing? I'll have '34 - we won the cup in 34, I say. And then my '34 scratchcard comes up with a £2 win!! C'mon City!

Didn't Sam Cowan say it at the meal after the match?
On the same bit of trivia, who went to Wembley in 1933 on his motorbike and went there on the team coach in '34?

Vincent Kompany:

"Football is so intense you don't have time to sit back and look at what you have achieved."

"I'm an adopted Mancunian. This city has grown on me. I have a wife from Manchester and have three kids who think they are more Mancuniuan than anything else, which is a problem I need to address! "

"I will say it loud and clear: at Manchester City, it is all about what you choose to look at. If you look at the money spent on players, you will only ever see that side of City. If you look at the bigger plan, which is investment in the community, facilities, and youth teams, you realise there is heart and soul in this club."

"Being a successful team is maybe not enough. It's about setting a standard, not just for ourselves but also for the youth that is coming through at Manchester City. "

"We can't always wait on the government to sort out all issues. I think they set policies, they set the rules, but we all have a duty to help as much as we can."

"You are not guaranteed to be part of that story if you don't perform."

"Everyone in Manchester in general has a positive mindset."

"Once I finish playing, I'm still a Manchester City player for the rest of my life. That won't change."

Vincent Kompany:

"Football is so intense you don't have time to sit back and look at what you have achieved."

"I'm an adopted Mancunian. This city has grown on me. I have a wife from Manchester and have three kids who think they are more Mancuniuan than anything else, which is a problem I need to address! "

"I will say it loud and clear: at Manchester City, it is all about what you choose to look at. If you look at the money spent on players, you will only ever see that side of City. If you look at the bigger plan, which is investment in the community, facilities, and youth teams, you realise there is heart and soul in this club."

"Being a successful team is maybe not enough. It's about setting a standard, not just for ourselves but also for the youth that is coming through at Manchester City. "

"We can't always wait on the government to sort out all issues. I think they set policies, they set the rules, but we all have a duty to help as much as we can."

"Once I finish playing, I'm still a Manchester City player for the rest of my life. That won't change."

The Gods smiled on us indeed the day Vinnie put his signature on a contract!

Last edited:
Vincent Kompany:

Amen

Didn’t One of our chairman once tell the players after they had won the cup (not sure what year)
“Well done this cup run has made us lots of money and now we can go out and buy some good players!”

Didn’t One of our chairman once tell the players after they had won the cup (not sure what year)
“Well done this cup run has made us lots of money and now we can go out and buy some good players!”

Supposed to have been said by the then Chairman Albert Alexander after the 56 Final but he denied it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.