Great (and positive) City quotes [from over the years]

Supposed to have been said by the then Chairman Albert Alexander after the 56 Final but he denied it.
Except that Albert Alexander did not become chairman of City until 1964.

Alan Douglas was chairman from 1956 to 1964.

“I didn’t understand the size of this football club. I didn’t understand the fan base, the passion and, until you’ve played for this Club, it’s difficult to describe. It gets in your blood. You hear a lot of players talk about it and I’m no different." - Super Kevin Horlock.

“My Maine Road memories – and there are quite a few – but it’s gotta be when City battered United 5-1 and when Oasis played two gigs there in the 90s. To play at the ground of the football club you’ve supported all your life is without doubt the icing on the cake.” - Rev. Liam Gallagher

Remember back page headlines, although can't remember which paper, from the '68 season.
"Go on Sir Alf pick em all".
Even moe impressive that the back page made Thailand! I was in Hua Hin last month as that storm approached from COVID-19land. Thailand is such a winderful place. I met two blues, who started following in the Frank days and haven't regretted joining the family. They were as well-informed or clued up about as most who follow City back home.

I won't end with the chant 'There's only one Frank Sinatra' or a Save Our Sven moment.

I'll end with a quote by Sven-Göran Eriksson about Thaksin Shinawatra: "He [Thaksin] didn't understand football – he hadn't a clue."

“I know City have had a number of brothers who have played at the club but for me and our kid it was just brilliant, absolutely brilliant.” - Jim Whitley.

“I came through the system (at City), so for me to be able to put on the shirt, go out and play for the Club that you’ve grown up with was special. Especially when your family support the club and for them it’s a big, big deal." - Jim Whitley.

“It was a club where you knew the ground staff, you knew the ladies that cleaned your kit… it was that kind of place and all of that helps." - Jim Whitley.

“The City fans have been great with me, especially in the FA Youth Cup final where they got behind us hugely. They’ve stuck behind the first team when things haven’t been going well and for me, they are the best supporters in the country.” - Daniel Sturridge.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.