Great Britain Lions Rugby League Tour 2019

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
I really wish I cared about rugby in any format, but ai don't and find it dull from game to fan to those wank kits.

Though those that do I hope you enjoy the tournament
With the way football has changed and it being played by a load of fairies pretending to be injured over the last few decades, I find my rugby viewing essential as an antithesis to all that.

One thing City have done well since the takeover is have a low number of these injury feigning fuckers ruining the sport but I still feel the need to have my rugby fix to make up for the shit side of football.

Ha ha, out of interest during that period would you pick games, just to see some of the Aussie greats. Like go to Wakefield just to see Wally play, or St Helens to see Mal, I know I did. Then we had the challenge cup final 85 - Sterling, Kenny, Fergerson, Muggleton,Then the Kiwi players on both sides, throw in some Brit lads and the best final ever.
I’ve always liked Alan Partridge’s commentary of that final

One of my boyhood heroes that fella in that picture,fantastic player he was,kept a pretty low personal life,certainly whilst playing,never spoke to media,but did hear one pretty bad story but as a player,wow,a proper warrior.
Arguably the best team sports player this country has ever produced. Hanley was amazing!

Ha ha, out of interest during that period would you pick games, just to see some of the Aussie greats. Like go to Wakefield just to see Wally play, or St Helens to see Mal, I know I did. Then we had the challenge cup final 85 - Sterling, Kenny, Fergerson, Muggleton,Then the Kiwi players on both sides, throw in some Brit lads and the best final ever.

To be honest I was a season ticket holder at Wigan as a youngster so was blessed to see so many of the stars every other week,as we had the majority of them,I was at the final in 85,amazing game,still remember to this day the attendance-97,801 nearly as many as when I went watching City at York (which I did haha),although another 10 mins to go Wigan would have lost that match to be fair.

I used to go to all the Wembley finals,well when Wigan was there,which was nearly every season,nearly as much as I go with City these days !

My first I was 13 in 1984,lost to Widnes who had Lydon and Gregory who soon became Wigan greats as well

Definitely,not the same these days,I mean I watched Aus v NZ this morning,not too impressed,but the Aussies as per usual,beasts,easy enough win without breaking sweat,Mal Meninga the coach,he was a beast.....but played for the scousers unfortunately when he was over here as you will know.
I think The Kangaroos are touring over here next Autumn.

The British & Irish Lions are the biggest thing in union, i'm glad to see the Lions back in rugby league
They probably are in relation to interest in SA, NZ and Aussie. They are a global brand and stadium fillers.
All we get are the autumn tests basically meaningless games to film stadiums and give fringe players a run out. The days of Llanelli or the North beating the All Blacks on a full tour are over.
Any way back to the better game.

Be a tv job for me if they are,don't get the buzz the same these days
I don’t know why, but I feel more passionate about Great Britain than I do England. I’m buzzing they’re back!

Not been to a Great Britain game since Moz was sent off after 12 seconds back in 2003.

So I’ll be going when the Aussies come over next year, I think we’re every bit as good as them now (think England should have won the last World Cup, think we were the better team in the final), and it’ll be a proper bell ringer of a series against them if they come next year.

Do any of you remember buying vhs tapes from Micron in Wigan to see state of origin games as advertised in the rugby leaguer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.