Great British Motorcycles

Bill Walker

Team supported
City
I have a deep love for these very sadly now defunct brands. My Dad had a few and I remember from growing up certain models that I thought were wonderful. Which do you remember or own (FOC's) ?

I'll kick of with my Dad's Panther Redwing, 650cc, single cylinder, made in Cleckheaton, he splashed out (HP) and bought it new, eventually adding a Busmar sidecar.
I guess it would be worth a fortune now.

This isn't his but the same;

1720051719606.png

I was in Des Moines Iowa recently, got talking with some guys in a bar, bunch of English bikes outside. Huge MCC, nearly everyone riding classic Brit bikes. I see a lot of them out here, all great bikes

Remembering Royal Enfield 'Flying Flea': Super lightweight RE125 that  helped English troops during WWII - gallery News | The Financial Express

Bloke I worked with in the late 60s had one of these, I loved the look of it and he used to give me a lift home sometimes.

Ariel Arrow, 250cc 2 stroke engine. The factory closed in 1965 due to competition from Japan.

1720075454753.png

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.