Great drunks

Oliver Reid as OP mentioned was some drunk.

Stories of him filming in Iraq getting wankered are eye opening.

Richard Harris

One evening I had the good fortune to be on the piss with The Pogues and to my surprise Shane was nowhere near the worst pisspot in the band. Phil Chevron was that hammered he fell backwards off his bar stool and snapped his guitar in half. Andy the drummer is an absolute monster,never seemed to get drunk, We were singing Pogues sat at the bar at a hotel in Leeds drinking double JDs for fun. Shane was quite reserved, almost shy. I took Daryll the bass player to Maine Road, we were playing Forest and he is a big Forest fan. He loved a drink and his missus was a proper piss can. James the accordian player is good fun, he is from Worsley and I had a few nights on the piss with him in London, he is a good lad.

I am good mates with James brother,Andy.
He used to sponser,then played for the team i played for...likes a beer himself,...or two !
Ive seen the Pogues a few times

I had a boss who will be unnamed. He was one of the finest financial brains in a Ftse 100 company. He was also one of the biggest piss heads I have ever encountered. I was fortunate enough to see this at first hand in numerous cities and some of the finest restaurants in the world. In short, he was a legend. I have walked into the busiest bars in Stockholm, Boston, edinburgh, London, Birmingham and Dublin and bar staff would recognise him irrespective of how long it had been since his last visit. Once encountered, never forgotten.
In London, we gatecrashed a media do in a disco and he ended up presenting prizes. In Boston he won the best Irish jig on a table top.
in Dallas, best not go there.
i have never seen anyone drink so much alcohol and still remain coherent and hilariously funny. Who else would pull a pretend gun on some ‘boys from the hood’ in downtown Boston. Laugh? I damn near shit myself. In airports, always ordering another round of drinks seconds after the announcement our luggage was about to be offloaded.
pity he supported the Jambos rather than City.

My father in-law was a great drunk (he still is, but not half as good as he was). I remember once being in the local with him, and he was playing the bandit as usual (Andy Capp IIRC). Pint in one hand, fag in the other dropping pound after pound into the machine.

Next minute there's an almighty crash and I turn round to see him flat on his back pint still in hand and not a drop spilled.

He also used to stumble in through the front door after an all day session, then getting naked and going for a piss in the cupboard. A few times, he's come in and crashed on the chair. Without warning he's got up, ripped his clothes off, opened the front door and wandered off down the street, only to come back 5 minutes later covered in scratches.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.