Great Read in todays MEN by Dominic Farell

My biggest issue with what Pep said is that he said it in the middle of the ticketing fiasco, his words would have been better aimed at the club who caused this to happen, many many people tried to buy tickets but failed even though there were tickets available.

If Pep would have stated that he is going to try to sort out the club caused bottleneck he would have gotten fans on his side, if he didn't know about the problems then he should have known.

I tried 3 times to get tickets and failed miserably on each occasion, fans can't turn up if the bloody club wont sell them tickets ;)

Ticketing and transport are the two issues that urgently need addressing at the highest level having been ignored for too long.

Thank you @cyberblue for posting. I echo your sentiments. Dominic articulated my views on the matter perfectly.

Am just about to order another Holts bitter then (hopefully) find and follow Dominic Farell on Twitter before leaving for the Stadium.

I went to the stadium today to sort my tickets!! Hopefully, the ticketing system issues won’t provide more adverse publicity and criticism of our wonderfully loyal fan base.

It's a blatant attempt to tap into a City perspective whilst criticising Pep. None of us need to know anything about League One. The MEN is part of Reach plc and have shown their colours time and again. All they are interested in is selling news and this article criticises Pep whilst trying to be sympathetic to City fans.
If you read this snippet towards the end of the article, you would know that it was written by a City supporter, who is NOT a MEN journalist:

Fan Brands - Man City

You may notice this piece of writing has been produced by a name you're not familiar with on our regular Manchester City content.
That is because we are expanding our horizons and starting to bring even more to you from a whole host of different voices. We have appointed a whole host of people who - like our journalists - care deeply about what's happening at Etihad Stadium - but sit in the stands rather than the press box.
We want to give you raw, authentic fan voices about the big issues at Man City - which is why the story you have read today might sit on Manchester Evening News for now, and is part of the MEN family, but is not representative of those who work there full time.
Keep your eyes peeled for more info on where you can read more from this author in the future. But in the meantime, we hope you enjoy what they have written.

@gazinho, yes it’s a very good article that puts the sideshow of the last few days into perspective.

If you read this snippet towards the end of the article, you would know that it was written by a City supporter, who is NOT a MEN journalist:

@gazinho, yes it’s a very good article that puts the sideshow of the last few days into perspective.
Not a journalist? Are you sure about that? Journalists sit in the stands too. Fan or not, it's just populist nonsense. Trying to appeal to City fans but at the same time having a go at Pep.

Not a journalist? Are you sure about that? Journalists sit in the stands too. Fan or not, it's just populist nonsense. Trying to appeal to City fans but at the same time having a go at Pep.
Yeah, reading it back, it doesn’t actually say that he’s not a journalist; merely that he’s not a member of the MEN staff.

One week on I still cant see why any City fan took offence at what Pep said. When I get invited somewhere I like to go to, it makes my day. 22 goals in four home matches, I am living the dream;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.