Great Read in todays MEN by Dominic Farell

What a refreshing change
Need more stuff from.people like him
Pity I ain't a clue how to post the link but it well worth a read
"We need more stuff from poeple like him." What are people like him really like? I've tried to find out but I've only come across a Dominic Farrell who wrote for the Independent, which should set the alarm bells ringing. The DF who writes for the MEN also seems to write for the Liverpool Echo and his articles in the MEN seem to have a rather hostile attitude to Pep and/or a willingness to be critical of the club in contrast to Liverpool. Anyone know any more?

Parker opened the flood-gates. As a City fan who knows how the media works he could have killed the story.

Of course they have the rights to freedom of speech but that doesn't mean I have to agree with them. I think it's out of order for a representative of City's fanbase to make such comments and open us up to criticism. The media will be at it again today, and tomorrow.
Exactly Marvin, they will drag this on and on even if it was never a thing, they would have found something else to undermine us with.

Let’s have it right, it really doesn’t matter what pep says about us fans, his remit is to win football games and he’s absolutely fucking brilliant at it.

He has no bond with City fans, when he leaves his success will be missed but he won’t and honestly if he wasn’t our manager I’d think he was a bit of a prick. He’s always thought he’s bigger than the club and maybe he is but a classier guy wouldn’t make those feelings quite so obvious.

Great article and agree with it all.

The club is attacked in the media and we all know who is behind it and their motives.

Now is the time to stick together as a club and fight together, for the manager to feed the media was wrong but it's done and time to move on.

Off field the club has lost it's way with the fans, time for the club to reset and reevaluate it's greatest asset.

Parker opened the flood-gates. As a City fan who knows how the media works he could have killed the story.

Of course they have the rights to freedom of speech but that doesn't mean I have to agree with them. I think it's out of order for a representative of City's fanbase to make such comments and open us up to criticism. The media will be at it again today, and tomorrow.
Pep, whether by translation issue or on purpose questioned us the fans, the media hate us as is, don't feed the trolls.

The club have allowed these attacks to transpire for far too long, WHY?

Let’s have it right, it really doesn’t matter what pep says about us fans, his remit is to win football games and he’s absolutely fucking brilliant at it.

He has no bond with City fans, when he leaves his success will be missed but he won’t and honestly if he wasn’t our manager I’d think he was a bit of a prick. He’s always thought he’s bigger than the club and maybe he is but a classier guy wouldn’t make those feelings quite so obvious.
Can you really separate the man and his success though ? You have to accept the whole package - strengths and weaknesses - with Pep and apart from the Champions League Pep has hoovered up trophy-wise. Klopp has the Dipper fans eating out of his hand and has brought them success after a long period of zero trophies but then again he doesn't have the media undermining him and the club at every available opportunity like Pep has had to endure.

Can you really separate the man and his success though ? You have to accept the whole package - strengths and weaknesses - with Pep and apart from the Champions League Pep has hoovered up trophy-wise. Klopp has the Dipper fans eating out of his hand and has brought them success after a long period of zero trophies but then again he doesn't have the media undermining him and the club at every available opportunity like Pep has had to endure.
Very true, but also the rags and scousers would not allow the media attacks, they would be stopped and rightly so.

Very true, but also the rags and scousers would not allow the media attacks, they would be stopped and rightly so.
You'd have to go back a long way to ever find a time when the media has attacked those clubs - they don't need to stop it because it's not happened to them in recent times. With City it's a media pile on every time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.